Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hacnslash

abit ab-tx5 ram capacity

3 posts in this topic

has anyone had any experience with this oldass mobo?? im building a box out of dived components (mainly), and i need to know how much ram this old piece of crap is willing to take (per slot, both the simm and dimm slots). I've already searched google, but nothing relevant has come up, not even a manual for it, im prolly overlooking some obvious source of mobo manuals here, but abit has no mention of it on their site, even tho its old (socket7) they should still have the manual up there right??? anyway, thanks fo the help peepz

ok, stupid stupid, i found it, nevermind, i gotta do more research before i post, stank if you see fit to delete this, please do....

For future reference Crucial has an extensive database to assist you in buying RAM for your PCs. It'll tell you what kind of RAM it takes, different possible configuration issues, and the maximum RAM your board will hold. And they have "free" 2nd day air, great prices, and Micron owns them.

thats where i bought ram for my other old pc (its fried now), but the ram from it is still good lol. yeah, I found out it supports a max of 256 megs and it takes the edo ram sticks only in pairs ( as in it doesn't work with only one on there...)