Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minion

Internet Content Rating Association

6 posts in this topic

Another useless attempt to censor the internet. It is like trying to rate every home, store and business in the world. It is futile. Also they don't have that great of a vocabulary: http://www.icra.org/vocabulary/

I think it is funny how you can decide what body parts you want to allow children to see:

Note that if a template provider deems female breasts offensive regardless of context, they can write a rule that blocks female breasts even when appearing in a context. Or they can choose to allow "female breasts" in an artistic context, but block "erections" in an artistic context, thus allowing the Birth of Venus but blocking ancient, artistic depictions of erections. This fine degree of control is only available in templates and not directly to users of ICRAfilter which only allows context modifiers to be applied to all nudity and sexual material, or all violent material in one go.

"Yo I hate this new censor thing dad, I can't go to any of the good websites!"

"Hey, you should be grateful son, I allowed the breasts part. If you be good I might allow some better pictures."

Lol, i dunno. I just think it is a kind of weird functionality. Then again I think the whole icra is completely weird.

Edited by freeman

You know, if it's a voluntary thing and the government doesn't enforce it, then it's fine by me.

Let's just hope it doesn't turn into China, Redux.

I'm not sure what anyone is thinking. All I see this web site doing is requesting that people stick special <META> tags into their pages; they don't really make any software. If you think that's bad, I know of some companies around Utah that actually have a category for "homosexual conduct" and "potential blasphemy" (but like all crazy Mormons, they're real lenient on violence).

You can't sensor the internet. For the simple fact that you do not own it. No one does.