cypress

Playing PS2 games on PC

15 posts in this topic

Ok, so I have all this PS2 games, but some of them are really scratched, so I went to p2p and downloaded the image files, because I think that is fair use, since I own the games. The problem is that I can't play them on the PS2, because it doesn't recognize the DVD when i burn an image to a dvd.

My question is, what Emulator do you use to play PS2 games on your PC?

+Cypress :devil:

As far as i know, there arent too many good PS2 emulators out there, check emuxhaven

and their forums, they usually have alot of good information

Most Emulators and ROMS are hard to find until that console is dead. Thats why finding Ps2, Gamecube and Xbox Emulators is a pain, but look for Genesis, NES, and PS emulators, and you'll find them right away.

My friend modded his ps2 a while ago for burnt games. You need a flip-top (opens ps2 up like a ps1). A while back this made it so you couldn't do online stuff but I think the makers have fixed that issue.

If you don't know about it already, you need the ps2 bios files for your comp to recognize the game. If you don't have them look on www.emuasylum.com.

Personally I don't play cd systems on my comp though cause i don't want to risk fuckin my bios up with those files.

My friend modded his ps2 a while ago for burnt games.  You need a flip-top (opens ps2 up like a ps1).  A while back this made it so you couldn't do online stuff but I think the makers have fixed that issue.

If you don't know about it already, you need the ps2 bios files for your comp to recognize the game.  If you don't have them look on www.emuasylum.com. 

Personally I don't play cd systems on my comp though cause i don't want to risk fuckin my bios up with those files.

You're not going to fuck up your computer's bios if thats what you are thinking. Some emulators just need the system's bios in order to load games. Either it will work or it wont. It doesn't have anything to do with your motherboard's bios. As far as emulators for the PS2 go... I think they still need a few more years development.

PS2 emulators that run commercial games at playable framerates won't be around for awhile. I'm sure they'll be completed in this order: Xbox -> PS2 -> Gamecube. Like a few other people said, you need to get a modchip for your PS2. There also may be game loader discs or exploits...check Google.

PS2 emulators that run commercial games at playable framerates won't be around for awhile.  I'm sure they'll be completed in this order:  Xbox -> PS2 -> Gamecube.  Like a few other people said, you need to get a modchip for your PS2.  There also may be game loader discs or exploits...check Google.

There is already a emulator that plays some commercial Gamecube games. It is no longer being worked on but it ran some 2d games for the cube with no problems, and almost most other games at about 10fps on a fast machine.

N64 emulators and games are not well done.. or something.. I only got maybe two games to work.

PS2 is a very complex machine compared to GCN and XBOX. When a functioning emulator is released, it won't be kept secret.

PS2 emulators that run commercial games at playable framerates won't be around for awhile.  I'm sure they'll be completed in this order:  Xbox -> PS2 -> Gamecube.  Like a few other people said, you need to get a modchip for your PS2.  There also may be game loader discs or exploits...check Google.

On an x86, xbox virtualization would seem to be the most likely, since you'd have to emulate very few instructions, so it's more likely to get to playable framerates.

On the PS2, you're likely to have serious issues, since you need to do full emulation, not only of the mips r4000 based chip, but the emotion engine, and similar chips. I would not envy someone writing a ps2 emulator.

As for the gamecube...who cares?

Yo arent there ways to play burnt games without a mod-chip? I keep on hearing and reading about PS2 Memory Card Exploits and how to saved burned or backed up games to a installed hard drive on a ps2. Does any one have any info or expierence with the following topic? I am really interested in figuring out how to play backed up games with out a mod chip.

Yo arent there ways to play burnt games without a mod-chip? I keep on hearing and reading about PS2 Memory Card Exploits and how to saved burned or backed up games to a installed hard drive on a ps2. Does any one have any info or expierence with the following topic? I am really interested in figuring out how to play backed up games with out a mod chip.

Last I knew using thier was a vunerability to use a wierd burnt ps1 style game, with a mem exploit to allow a swap to a ps2 game. I think this trick involved two swaps, this was atleast a year ago. Also their is the cog swap trick, which is 1swap, and involves a tool that you make, and rather simple, you might wanna check that out.

I PMed you!

Unfortunately to use the memory card exploit you need to buy the Swap Magic Disc CD to load what you want to play or use. But I remember reading some where that if one does not want to buy the Swap Magic Disc, one can load the memory card exloit then use a game that search the memory card for saved games and have it load up the exploit so one can then do a switch. Im not sure if it would work, but im going to have to try to test it and see if it works. Thanks Oneeyyedelf1