Yauch

BBS Documentary

17 posts in this topic

In case you haven't hear the bbs documentary by the one and only Jason Scott is out. I can't wait to get mine. I've been waiting for this since I listened to RFA 99.

www.bbsdocumentary.com

Ordered my copy too a few weeks back :D

Can't wait for it to come in! ^_^

I would order it ... if I could spare $50 for some DVDs ...

can't wait till i get some cash for it. From what i've seen and what Jason said when i talked to him is sounds awsome.

I talked to him a couple days ago and he was pretty pumped :) I'm stoked to see it

I'll be placing my order in a few months once all my credit card debt's been taken care of. :(

I cut up my cards today, so that's a great start for me.

In case you haven't hear the bbs documentary by the one and only Jason Scott is out. I can't wait to get mine.  I've been waiting for this since I listened to RFA 99.

www.bbsdocumentary.com

Are you the Yauch of the Beastie Boys? :D

Oh yeah, I am also looking forward to getting a copy of the BBS Doc. :) Highly anticipated.

Got mine last night! The episode I watched last night was really interesting, but I will have to wait until the weekend to watch the rest, my boss seems to expect me get some stuff done this week. :angry:

Still waiting for mine to come i order it like 4 weeks ago :(

Someone needs to find a .torrent for this thing.

It's released under creative commons. In other words, Jason doesn't care if people pirate it.

Someone needs to find a .torrent for this thing.

It's released under creative commons. In other words, Jason doesn't care if people pirate it.

Well first of all, what I've really done is make it really hard to "pirate" it. You can copy it freely, remix it, sell it even, whatever you feel you want to do with the thing you bought. About the only way you can "pirate" it is to claim credit for it or try to prevent others from treating your resulting derivative work the same that you treated my original work.

Here's a full copy of the license, not that I expect many people to read it:

http://hektor.umcs.lublin.pl/~mikosmul/ccas.html

The basic take I have on this is that I understand some people can't afford the $50 for the documentary; I'd rather they saw it, at least. After all, at the end of the day, I worked on this documentary for years because I thought it was a subject people should know about.

On the other hand, I consider encouraging people to specifically not purchase a copy to be a bit of a slap to the people who are kindly buying copies from me, so I will not do that. I will also autograph this DVD box if people want, and really I'm pretty open to other suggestions on what they'd like, like calling people up to discuss the film or answering e-mail about it.

So what I'm saying is, it's not cut and dried, but yes, you cannot pirate this work. You can only distribute it freely. And there is a difference.

I would rather buy it (witch i have done) then download 5+ dvd's off the net.

Also a hell of a lot of work whent onto this so its a way of saying thank you. altho i hope that they will reach me. i am restraining myself from contacting Jason as im sure he is busy.

-Belial

PS... if my box set is still with you could you autograph it for me :P just nice to have a peace of history in your hands and have the autograph of the guy that put the fragments back together.

Has anyone decoded the DTMF in the intro?

As I understand it it's still a working number, although I've not called it myself.

As I understand it it's still a working number, although I've not called it myself.

It's my cell phone number.

I saw part of this at the HackerHalfwayHouse. Phar ripped it, and apparently is gonna throw a .torrent up soon.