Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Z2A

morals

34 posts in this topic

Ok so it's getting pretty close to the end of the school year and stupid people are getting scared about their 'F's. People around my school know that i'm a h4x0r and some will pay to fix their grades and absenses up. I'm pretty poor right now and getting caught in the act really isn't a problem (cause i'm good like that). I was wondering what the rest of you would do in this situation. Right now i'm pretty undecided and still debating with myself over it.

I wouldnt risk it, except or maybe a close friend or osmething lake that. It really isnt worth it, if they can't pull it together enough to pass the course they should'nt be able to just buy their way out of it. Unless you can do it totally risk free its a stupid risk to take.

Well it really depends. Many people would have a moral problem with this, but if you do not then do what you wish but be prepared for the consequences. Now morals aside, is it really worth it? You may be able to change all the grades as much as you like, but it might be suspicious if an F student miraculously gets a C or even a D. Most teachers WILL notice some strange increases in a student grades, and if they still use a gradebook (a lot of teachers do) and notice an inconsistency, they will think they just typed it in wrong and change it back, or if there are more than a few, they will definitely notice. Of course if you have already changed the grades and received your money before the teachers notice you may be safe (apart from having lots of people wanting to kick your ass); however, if there is some kind of computer incident, and you have the reputation as the school hax0r, you will probably receive the blame. Changing grades can have some stiff penalties such as expulsion, an arrest record. Two years ago, an 11-year-old was expelled, arrested, and charged with a felony for only changing his own grades using a computer; although all the charges were later dropped (See the first issue of Binary Revolution Magazine for more details on this incident). So, think HARD before you try this.

Another reason not to do it: People rat out.

What good is giving someone else a D if you ultimately get expelled (and all Fs).

In my school, I would get less punishment for bringing a gun.

Because as we all know, grades are more important then lives.

But its not worth it, at the MOST I would just tweak my own grades just a tad. As soon as people find out your changing grades, it will spread around school fast.

you should blackmail them and say you'll report them for asking you. I see way more money in that direction :)

If you don't mind being expelled, go ahead and change your peers' grades. Otherwise, it isn't worth the risk.

I learned early to not fuck with schools.

I've been receiving a lot of requests for the same thing. They've each offered 10 dollars per percent.

I've had to deny them, because the teachers are aware of my interest in computers.

It's definitely not a good idea.

I think you should make all their grades lower for bieng assholes!

Having been around a small bit, and having heard stank and others talk about "what a hacker is", it seems this falls out of that category, since hackers, to my understanding, are interested primarily in learning, and not in capitalizing off of other people's mistakes--Im sure that this varies from person to person, but realize this, once youve crossed that line, you will have a reputation, this may not seem like a big deal, and honestly in highschool, it probably isnt. However, if you chose to pull this on a different scale in the so-called real world, you could very well be charged with a crime that could land you in the slammer.... and we ALL know why they call it the slammer, dont we? :-p I guess what Im getting at is that in your case this is some grey area, and aside from some relatively small immediate financial gain, you probably have more to lose in integrity than you do to gain in cash.

just my $.02

blacklines

Yeah, not a good idea however if you do go on with this, keep in mind that teachers usually do print out the marks and give it to whomever.. theres always a paper trail that you cant change.

I agree with everyone else. This is a stupid idea. People can't mind their own buisiness and this stuff will travel fast. For example, my sister is always bitching about what goes on in school, who's dating who and all that shit. Fuck, she even knows what i do in my clases(Which is not alot). People in school are connected in a very wierd way. What you tell to one person will get to another, and pretty soon everyone will know. So, don't be a moron, don't even think about doing something as stupid as breaking into school servers. You will get caught, and when you do, run, be afraid, 'cause you just fucked up your whole life.

You will get cought, nubs used to try and pay me to do this stuff at past schools, I always refused as its fairly obvious when an F turns into a C or a B, teachers and guidance counselors will notice, and then the kids will rat on you.

Just look at the all the letters in 2600 regarding messing with the school system. It's been a common theme for the last 3-4 years.

Not a good idea at all....

Ok so it's getting pretty close to the end of the school year and stupid people are getting scared about their 'F's.  People around my school know that i'm a h4x0r and some will pay to fix their grades and absenses up.  I'm pretty poor right now and getting caught in the act really isn't a problem (cause i'm good like that).  I was wondering what the rest of you would do in this situation.  Right now i'm pretty undecided and still debating with myself over it.

Do. Not. One guy at my old school snuck into the head of IT's office to change his grades, and he was expelled, and they made him do the grade he was in all over again. I'm sure you don't want that.

Take the money, then don't do anything.

What are they going to do if the conversation went like this:

them: Change my grades for Dolla amount

you: Give me dolla amount

*give*

you: Hahaha, sucka. Run foo.

You didn't agree to anything, not extorting anything, either. You just got money as a "gift".

*give*

You didn't agree to anything, not extorting anything, either. You just got money as a "gift".

there's the everpresent theyll kick the shit out of you option... or you could just get a real job and forget stupid schemes such as these....

*give*

there's the everpresent theyll kick the shit out of you option... or you could just get a real job and forget stupid schemes such as these....

bah neva get real job!

I'm figuring if I were to do this it would have to be in extreme moderation and I would have to make sure I had some dirt on my "clients" to make sure they had a good reason not to rat.

back in high school, i probably made about $300 doing this. It's your civic duty as a thinking individual to liberate idiots of their money. Remember to remind them that for a few dollars more, you'll also hax their girlfriend's hotmail account, and they'll be entered in a drawing to win a tote bag and a bottle of snake oil.

If you were to seriously profit, you'd need to put up flyers or something with an EMAIL and never reveal your true identity. (use a proxy)

I would seriously advise you not to do that!

Here is a little story that I would like to share with you about this, kind of:

A month ago, interums were due out. I was absent for to days before they were due to be passed out to students. The day when I got back, on the morning announcements, the Principal came on and said that "due to computer problem, interums will be distributed on the following day".

Guess what everyone did, they all looked at me and went like "what did you do?", even the teacher.

The problem with that is people are not educated enough in order to realize what is possible and what is not (the interums are sent to the main office on a form and then scanned in a pc, that has no access to the i-net or any other network at all) so then you have people assuming things that are not true.

A better thing to do, would be to tell the people who got F's, to pay a lil bit more attention. School is not that hard, i have been in america for 3 years, with no prior knowlege of english, and I am getting A's and B's in school, so it doesn't take that much.

/end of my 2 cents

+Cypress

sorry about double post.

i don't know how to delete it, so I just made it shorter.

Edited by cypress

wow this brings back some good and bad memorys. During my senior year in Hs my frind and I decided to mess around with the retarted gradeing and school management system called "apple power school" It was fun at first and we changed this like the daily bulitin that most teachers read from there computers. In the end we changed the name of the mysql data base that held all of the grades and the system shat it self all over the place.

Affter a few days we went to the administration and told them what was up and we fixed

the problem. the entire hack was very simple becuse we just set our selves up a fake version of the webpage ( why were the grades web based ?!?!?! ) and collected passwords for an entire day via my laptop. In the end the " system administrator " ( first year CS major, yes I am serious) was very impresed with our work and we were not even punished. changeing grades for profit is kinda fucked, but changeing the grades for fun was just awsome.

oh the bad part was the 6 hr meeting with my parents where I was threatend with exspultion. ( very nice sys admin saved my ass)

Edited by fluidicslave