StankDawg

New and Improved

53 posts in this topic

forums.binrev.com does not work anymore. it says:

/forums/fourms is not vaild.

I like the current theme. It's much better. This way when people walk by my cubicle, they won't think I'm surfin a new Matrix site.

Nice work!

Thats because its binrev.com/forums. That has always worked for me and it still does

it's a macro-quote button, so you can quote multiple people, then a regular, one person quote button labled "reply"

All the tabs are removed from code. I don't know if it was like that on the old forum, but I like to indent code with tabs, so if that could be fixed that would be great! :)

All the tabs are removed from code. I don't know if it was like that on the old forum, but I like to indent code with tabs, so if that could be fixed that would be great! :)

I am not sure what you ean by tabs... but to post code in a nice, indented format, use the [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] function.

This is line 1
    This is line 2
           This is line 3
    This is line 4

It's only been a few days and I'm used to it already :)

Edit: bth thanks Nick84

Edited by Rpm

I'm still getting over how much I love this new look! THANK YOU STANK AND NICK84 AND IPB!!!

you just have to use binrev.com/forums to get linked straight to teh forums.

let me throw a spanner, SKIN COMPETION ??? :) who ever comes up with the best one is the one that is used or is that tooo much work ?

+ StankDawg or whoever; So they will stop bitching, : ---http://www.invisionskins.com/index.php?p=skins20&cat=7.2

---http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/c/144

We are developing a couple of skins. We wanted to get it up and running first and then we will start adding the other stuff.

you just have to use binrev.com/forums to get linked straight to teh forums.

yeah, but i always just typed "f" in firefox and hit enter to go to the forums. :(

OK, this is fixed.

NEW SKIN!

Shoutz to PhyspherX for the great new theme!

This is now the new official forum theme for Binary Revolution. It is set as the default for everyone. For those of you who DO NOT LIKE IT and will not do the courtesy of giving it a chance, the default skin is still avaiable and you can change it back in your preferences.

Post any bugs here, and we will address them as soon as possible.

The pink font in "<?ph" when people post code doesn't fit in with the rest of the site.

and the default graphics look flaky on the new theme. But I must say, I do like it.

I'll have to try the new skin out when I get home. For now though, blue it is...the green one looks far less like it might be work if anyone happens to glance at it over my shoulder :)

I extremely love this skin, but it might look suspicious at school or work. Very Nice work though!!!

edit: Skin...not thread

Edited by Taeweas

NICE. The other one was too plain for me :D

AAH! MY EYES!

Where'd the other skins go?

Thanks for all the comments so far :) - I've had a lot of fun working on this, and I'd like to thank Stank and the DDP for putting their faith in me.

As far as the nitty gritty, there's definitely some bugs that have appeared now that it's live. There were just some things we couldn't have foreseen during the development stage.

For now, I'll liken this skin to a live beta; it serves it's purpose, but there's still some work to do. Hopefully, most of what's left will be transparent changes, although we're prioritizing some of the more unusual problems and eye-sores (i.e. the quote and code headers didn't turn out quite like expected, etc.)

After the big fish have been fried, we're going to start working on some of the more trivial issues, such as converting the emoticons to match better with the darker background, and adding new pips (currently nuclear symbols) and buttons.

Stay tuned for updates, and thanks again!

Mkay, two bugs:

The binary revolution forums header image is too large (taskbar on side of screen makes scroll bar on bottom) A dynamic spacer could easily be implemented

Closed topic icon in place of the post reply button in a closed topic is silver and white.

But yeah, good job. :) :voteyes: :voteyes: :voteyes:

Edited by Minion

The binary revolution forums header image is too large (taskbar on side of screen makes scroll bar on bottom) A dynamic spacer could easily be implemented

Fixed, but not yet imported (that's Stank's bag). We were playing around with having "The Revoution Will Be Digitized" to the right of it, but since scrapped that idea, and I simply forgot to get rid of the extra space. :o

Closed topic icon in place of the post reply button in a closed topic is silver and white.

It may actually stay that way, as the closed topic button needs to different than the rest, but I do see what you're saying. Perhaps a dark grey faded to black might be better? We'll see. :)