StankDawg

New and Improved

53 posts in this topic

We finally finished testing the new forum software and got it updated/installed. We did make some minor changes to the board settings to increase security, but most of them should not be noticable.

Basically, we purchased a licensed copy of invision since everyone almost unanimously voted it the best. We have a lot more functionality and the ability to handle more users more efficiently. We will me adding some modification over the coming days, but they should be minor.

Please let one of us know if you have any problems that you think need to be corrected. And be sure to thank nick84 for his hard work in converting everything.

:paw:

I don't know if this is from the update or not, but there is a link in "Board Statistics" -> "Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 14 days" that says The MindWAR is going to be coming out soon.

Otherwise, good job :voteyes:

I don't know if this is from the update or not, but there is a link in "Board Statistics" -> "Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 14 days" that says The MindWAR is going to be coming out soon.

Otherwise, good job  :voteyes:

Well, it simply shows calendar events and since no one ever removed teh mindwar, it is still showing up. :( Someone will get around to removing it.

God once i get used to one skin you upgrade!!!!

looks good :D

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GREEN AND BLACK?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!?!?!?!??!!!!

but It does sound like a good idea, I just want my skins... :(

Edit:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

normal users can add attachments of unlimited size... Not suggested.

Demo below

EDIT OF EDIT:

Great compression, though...

src.zip

Edited by Minion

Im glad the green and black is gone- it hurt my eyes.

THANK YOU NICK84!!!!!!

However, I would like the green theme. PLEASE??!?!?!?!!

The FORUM RULEZ link at the top of the page does not seem to be working...... Just wanted to get that out there.

+Cypress :devil:

hooray for upgrades! personally, i think this look is alot better than the green/black, but since it is probably blinding anyone who comes here from the main page, it probably should be skinned.

it is probably blinding anyone who comes here from the main page

But that's the perfect litmus test! it tells you either that your monitor's brightness setting is set too high, or that you really should consider at least looking out the window during daylight hours :)

It really was cool with the green and black, but this does seem to be faster and looks cleaner.

Edited by Fod

Hmm, when I clicked on "View New Posts" there was usually a link to "Mark all forums as read". Where did it go?

EDIT: nevermind, I found it

Edited by Moldz

wow i was up around 530 am and the forums were fine then when i woke up they were upgraded! good job nick!!! you rock.

is there any way to get a theme of the old version of the forum and make it look exactly the way it was? (the invision default, not the black and green)

God once i get used to one skin you upgrade!!!!

looks good :D

For real. Just wait a week n it will feel cozy again :)

I'm digging it.

The new skin is sexy. Like, sexier than my avatar.

But the avatars are on the left... SO STRANGE!

The new skin is sexy. Like, sexier than my avatar.

Dude (or so a assume) ANYTHING is better than your avatar.... I am not hating, and i LOVE to root t-shirt, its the rest that kind of scares me...

+Cypress :devil:

it is probably blinding anyone who comes here from the main page

But that's the perfect litmus test! it tells you either that your monitor's brightness setting is set too high, or that you really should consider at least looking out the window during daylight hours :)

You're awake during daylight? hehe ;)

Since there seems to be debate over the skin, please let people select the other skin in their controls.

Since there seems to be debate over the skin, please let people select the other skin in their controls.

old skins are not compatible. We will get some new skins soon.

Good job with the Invision board. :voteyes:

Small glitch: 2 quote buttons for each post?

Not a complaint, but I find it odd that there's a mix of Ivb1 buttons mixed with the Ivb2 buttons in this new skin. Overall thumbs up. ^_^

it's a macro-quote button, so you can quote multiple people, then a regular, one person quote button labled "reply"