Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cypress

Download Your Brain

31 posts in this topic

Religious fuckers are going to be arguing about the morals. :roll:

I don't see how this could ever be possible.

Your mind processes information, it does not upload it anywhere. How would it connect to the computer? How are they going to translate thought into binary? How are they going to port it from the brain to the computer when the brain simply processes info and does not upload it.

That's like trying to make a scanner print a document...it scans and reads stuff but has no output.

And if they could get past all that, it would have to be one hall of a computer to be able to process everything the way a human mind does.

Think about it.

Looks like some Scientist read Richard Morgans 'Altered Carbon'.

I find this very unrealistic, but we dont use 100% of our brain power.

I think around 8% is normal, and Einstein used like...15? I think, All I know is that the human mind still isnt working at its max potential.

I don't see how this could ever be possible.

Your mind processes information, it does not upload it anywhere. How would it connect to the computer? How are they going to translate thought into binary? How are they going to port it from the brain to the computer when the brain simply processes info and does not upload it.

That's like trying to make a scanner print a document...it scans and reads stuff but has no output.

And if they could get past all that, it would have to be one hall of a computer to be able to process everything the way a human mind does.

Think about it.

I think it's easier than you make it out to be.

The mind, like any computer, has to process /and/ store information somewhere. If information weren't stored in the brain, you would forget your address, how to speak, what your name was, and so on. The only really tricky bit is figuring out how to read the information (we can already read brain activity at a fairly general level, but it's going to take a lot more work to figure out how to read actual useful information out of the neuron connections inside the brain), and how to write it back (a whole other problem entirely). With sufficient processing power and available data store, the rest is a cakewalk.

What is this!?!?!?!? Blasphemy!!!!!!! If God thinks it is your time to die your have to die!!!!! :angry:

roflroflrofl, I swear if i see one more person like that with genetic research I will poison their bone marrow in such a way that it can only be cured with genetics ;)

But how would you get enough power to keep a mass amount of brains running? Also i dont think i could live in a computer, i'm pretty attached to my body.

What is this!?!?!?!?  Blasphemy!!!!!!!  If God thinks it is your time to die your have to die!!!!!  :angry:

And God said unto Dr. Z2A: "Thou shalt learn to use commas correctly as well as the difference between 'your' and 'you.'"

*cough*grammar whore*cough*

and

*cough*fuck God i'm muslim. I worship Allah*cough*

I will download me as a copy, and redistribute myself on DVD's inside AOL sleeves, and take over the world. And I double as a packet sniffer :borg:

I will download me as a copy, and redistribute myself on DVD's inside AOL sleeves, and take over the world. And I double as a packet sniffer :borg:

Not if i take it over first :D

Anyone here seen Terminator (one two and three) or War Games?

What keeps our computerized brains from corrupting the whole system and spreading through out the network/entire internet? What keeps one of us from gaining control of everything through greed?

Remember the last line of Terminator 3?

"We couldnt shut down Skynet by destroying the main computer. It was software...in cyberspace."

I dont think it will work, and if it did we would get to watch terminator in real life. Much better sound quality and picture resolution so hey, I guess it is a good thing!

Anyone here seen Terminator (one two and three) or War Games?

What keeps our computerized brains from corrupting the whole system and spreading through out the network/entire internet? What keeps one of us from gaining control of everything through greed?

Remember the last line of Terminator 3?

"We couldnt shut down Skynet by destroying the main computer. It was software...in cyberspace."

I dont think it will work, and if it did we would get to watch terminator in real life. Much better sound quality and picture resolution so hey, I guess it is a good thing!

The anti-AI crowd has been beating that drum for decades, and it's so far failed to happen. Any system design with half a brain will leave a kill switch in the hands of a human, not to mention that we've already had our share of runaway programs that consume bandwidth and resources unchecked, and we've been able to stomp those out.

"Not everyone agrees, but it's my conclusion that it's possible to make a conscious computer with superhuman levels of intelligence before 2020."

One of the "primary reasons" for such work would be to give computers emotions, Pearson said.

"If I'm on an aeroplane I want the computer to be more terrified of crashing than I am so it does everything to stay in the air until it's supposed to be on the ground."

superhuman computer... its like the matrix...

O and the plane thing: if im in a plane crashing, I want the plane to remain calm while i'm screaming like a girl. Not the the plane screaming like a girl while I scream like a girl.

superhuman computer... its like the matrix...

FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD. and FUD.

uh whats FUD? (oblivious...oblivious)

oh yea and technically this isn't downloading your brain, you r really uploading it, but whatever...

uh whats FUD?  (oblivious...oblivious)

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (i.e. scare tactics)

Im not religious, but this just isn't natural. I would be 100% against this, because in the end your always gooing to die, so why try to fight it? Something about this.....do you really think it would be you? Inside a comp, with no senses, it just seems weird to me....

Edit: Post 200, its a celebration bitches..

Edited by Taeweas

Im not religious, but this just isn't natural. I would be 100% against this, because in the end your always gooing to die, so why try to fight it? Something about this.....do you really think it would be you? Inside a comp, with no senses, it just seems weird to me....

Oh yes, and let's do away with kidney dialysis and oxygen tanks and all other forms of artificial life support and modern medicine too, because you were really supposed to die from that moderate disease instead of living through it.

Ok i was thinking and I found why this will never work. For the purposes of this post assume there is some diety out there or this won't make any sense (i'll use Allah, but insert yours instead if you would like)

Ok a person can be considered to be made up of 4 things: a body, memories, concious, and soul. This process has eliminated the need for a body and has copied the memories and has copied the concious. Keyword, copied. This being in the computer (or mechanized body perhaps) has your memories, has A concious and soul. This being thinks that it is you and everyone else believes that it is you, BUT IT ISN'T YOU! If they uploaded you and you weren't dead, there would be 2 of you. You would die just like normal and this copy of you would continue where you left off. So you are in heaven (or Hell you bad guy) and looking down thinking "everyone thinks this guy is me, including himself, but that is not me!" This technology would not make you live forever, but it would make an imposter of you. This person is a copy of you. He has your memories but the concious and soul and body is his own, not yours.

Of course why would Allah give us the knowledge to do this if he didn't intend us to use it?

But then again, maybe he does want us to use it, see what a mistake we have made and learn from it. You can think about that forever and you will never find an answer...

This being thinks that it is you and everyone else believes that it is you, BUT IT ISN'T YOU!  If they uploaded you and you weren't dead, there would be 2 of you.  This technology would not make you live forever, but it would make an imposter of you.  This person is a copy of you.  He has your memories but the concious and soul and body is his own, not yours.

I agree with the fact that it would technically just be a copy of you, but it would be badass if they could find a way to actually transport the entire brain into the computer so that it was you.

I really want to die at some point.

Has anyone seen ghost in the shell...

if we got stuff like that...with cyber brains and all...it would be really cool hahaha

it's a hackers dream

:borg: :wub:

Edited by ghostless

What's with all this soul stuff. If your brain is uploaded to a computer. Then that's you. Don't try to fight it, you are what your brain is. Nothing less, nothing more.