Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bracket

The Contingency Technical Release Phile III

11 posts in this topic

Ok folks, here she is. The third technical release phile from the contingency. This has been delayed, but for good reason.

.: The Contingency :.

.: Technical Release Phile III :.

.: May 2005 :.

.:---------------------------------------:.

.: Member and Bio Updates :.

.: Corrections, follow-ups etc. :.

.: The Art of Spyware Removal :.

.: Ads and Classifieds :.

.: Mirror Updates :.

.: Project Updates :.

.: Hacking the TI-83plus :.

.: The New Website :.

.: Stopping Privoxy: Modest Proposal :.

.: Hacking 8E6 Web Filtering :.

.: HACKER NEWS WIRE *833P* *833P* :.

.: H4X0R1NG T3H 2600.com :.

.: CORRESPONDANCE :.

.: Conclusion :.

.: The Day The Data Stopped :.

.:---------------------------------------:.

That's right, you read it: Hacking 2600.com

We found some interesting things about them you might want to know. Please send letters, comments, article submissions, flames, love letters, etc. to:

thebracket@gmail.com

We dropped the docs on royal carribean.

We dropped the docs on the Dept. Of Revenue

and we are about to drop the docs on the god of hacking, the pinnacle of knowledge: 2600

Here she is:

http://sr2.mytempdir.com/29657

soon to be available at our fine mirrors:

uncivil.l0gic.net/the_contingency

theddn.net

comments appreciated

bracket.... OUT!

The articles need to be more in depth. I feel like right as you're starting to discuss something you jump to the conclusion paragraph.

Also I would've modified this:

We are still accepting applications for members. If you are interested please contact bracket who seems to be the only member in the group doing anything except for haxange who wrote an article.

To read:

We are still accepting applications for members. If you are interested please contact bracket.

Otherwise it just sounds like you're desperate for people to apply.

has anybody done any more research on the 2600 thing? Makes me think it's an external server/honeypot..

Edited by bracket

Your magazine seems to have decent potential, but you release files way to fast. Spend more time and edit your articles to make them useful with information that you can't find elsewhere. Wait for other people to write and research before rushing the release; they have lives separate from the mag (probably).

There are several viruses available from ticalc.org written in assembler. There really isn't anything destrucive

Destructive.

I read through the articles and each one of them is very thin on info. The one on spyware removal is ultimately useless. There is _no_ discussion of removing, just removal tools. Also, the diatribe on HiJackThis...very incorrect. It doesn't protect, it's not updated much, DO YOUR RESEARCH PROPERLY.

The process includes a scan of your regedit files but caution do not delete

You mean /registry/ entries. Overall, I've read better things in PC-World about spyware (and they're nigh incompetent).

There's some potential but little content. Having studied web usability for a number of years, I can tell one the number one thing: no content, no audience.

FYI: Spell check and use a dictionary, this will help immensely in avoiding sounding like an unintelligible 12 year old that some hackers sound like.

:yell: Hey now ladies let's calm down on the reviews ok. First off i agree with most that we shouldn't have rushed the forum but we can thank braket for that. By the way i was given only 10 minutes to write the forum so don't give me much crap on the spell check and the dictionary comments. I also agree that the web review was poorly done but i mean jesus people i was given 10 minutes during a class period on notepad to type up an article that was supposed to be released for the 2nd phile. Other than that you can expect greater results from the next philes and even though they will be extended to being released every 2 months so that another bad review does not occur. Other than that i hope that you will disregard this phile and just let it blow away because everyone makes mistakes.

dude, your article did suck. I had to e-mail it back to you to have you run spell-check on it. What's with this "10 minutes" thing.

Haha yeah really i wasn't even ready for the release to happen but whatever I'll make sure that im not pressured next time and I'll make my article better. :D