Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seal

EYNTO Show!

34 posts in this topic

[Thanks] Kizzle, or anyone else for that matter, does having Coral still use up my bandwidth? I notice that if I remove my file, the coral link wont work. :huh:

Crap I just read this in the Coral Cache FAQ http://wiki.coralcdn.org/wiki.php/Main/FAQ

Coral is not saving me bandwidth for my large file!

Because of bandwidth overuse, we temporarily capped off Coral to disallow transfers of files greater than 50 MB. Our current deployment has servers with 4 GB performing whole-file caching (and are running at cache capacity). If clients are pulling files on the orders of 100s of MB, the benefit of the system for hundreds of other websites is greatly reduced, as data would otherwise be quickly evicted from caches.

We're going to look at better techniques to do striped large-file caching to be able to handle larger files, but until we implement such functionality, large file transfers were otherwise killing our file caches.

Thus, instead of just returned some type of error message (like 403: Forbidden), we are transparently redirecting clients back to the origin site, where they at least have a possibility of downloading the file, and the server is not in worse shape than pre-Coral.

Edited by kizzle

that sucks. what about archive.org? for a permanent link it might work, although i'm not sure about the upload size limit. The Video was very impressive even for the quality of the footage.

Crap I just read this in the Coral Cache FAQ http://wiki.coralcdn.org/wiki.php/Main/FAQ

Coral is not saving me bandwidth for my large file!

Because of bandwidth overuse, we temporarily capped off Coral to disallow transfers of files greater than 50 MB. Our current deployment has servers with 4 GB performing whole-file caching (and are running at cache capacity). If clients are pulling files on the orders of 100s of MB, the benefit of the system for hundreds of other websites is greatly reduced, as data would otherwise be quickly evicted from caches.

We're going to look at better techniques to do striped large-file caching to be able to handle larger files, but until we implement such functionality, large file transfers were otherwise killing our file caches.

Thus, instead of just returned some type of error message (like 403: Forbidden), we are transparently redirecting clients back to the origin site, where they at least have a possibility of downloading the file, and the server is not in worse shape than pre-Coral.

lol thx :lol:

I removed the coral mirror. Because though that's what I sent out to Slashdot, and as the mirror goes to that file on my server (which is why I had questions), I made the 404 error forward all traffic to the download EYNTO script. Meanwhile I have 3 seeders on bittorrent (if you're here: thank you!!) so if the story does pick up I shouldn't be in too much bandwidth trouble :) That said I hope the story gets rejected

As for archive.org its a good idea. I registered a little while ago and am now FXPing from my webhost to their FTP server. :D

Edited by Seal

I can't wait to get time to watch this. I remember you posting some time back with just the intro and I knew this was going to be an excellent video. I will definately buy a DVD if/when you release one.

Just remember, if you get bored with doing tech stuff you could take your new found skillz to any other walk of life.

Oh my, that sure was good! And you did the footage with just a digital camera? I'm extremely impressed, and man.. if I could muster enough material, I'd love to take a stab at trying that out too ^^.

Great fast paced content, good general tips, good visuals. Was a shock for me to see Ottawa (good ol rideau mall), one does not see a lot of eastern canadian people in the scene! I'll be in Montreal next year myself. So yeah, thumbs up, great show!

I thought you were older though hehe ;) . Oh, and it amuses me incredibly that you managed with a cheap digicam to do so much better than The Broken.

EYNTO DVDs are out:

eyntodvds.jpg

DVD Menu:

eyntodvd.jpg

It has a resolution of 720×480 and is compatible with home DVD players. It also contains a director’s commentary, and has an index to access each chapter quickly. If you want to have it shipped to you, its $3 + Shipping (contact me to figure out what shipping is). Or alternatively, you can download the torrent at the following site:

http://www.jmcardle.com/storage/eyntodvd.torrent

Edited by Seal

I know this thread is dead, but is there any chance of a torrent reseed/remake?