Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Renegade334

Information on the Real ID Act

43 posts in this topic

Blah blah, unlike the average american, they also don't get the benefits of paying taxes(hey, like social security!) so they barely use up any tax money.

Not true.

Illegal immigrants usually don't have some form of health care plan so they go directly to the hospital's emergency room when something is wrong. The hospital ends up having to treat them for one reason or another and then nobody pays the bill. Eventually the hospital gets into debt and then the government bails them out. There are two hospitals in my area that have finally gone under because the government wouldn't bail them out anymore.

They utilize public infrastructure (roads, city water systems, etc). That costs a lot of money.

Their children go to public schools. While their children are possibly US citizens their parents are probably not paying school taxes.

There's a lot of stuff that taxes pay for that you can't just discount that quickly.

they also don't get the benefits of paying taxes(hey, like social security!) so they barely use up any tax money.

Was an obvious typo, "They also don't get all the benefits", considering the line after it. No illegal immigrants pay hospital bills? that's news to me. Do you know how many americans don't pay their hospital bills because of being indebt? it's alot more than those "illegal immigrants" Hospitals go under for a variety of reasons. Like I already said, they pay limited taxes, they use limited taxes. But, we'll blame all the tax woes on illegal immigrants. With all the governments wasted spending, the billions of dollars that are unaccountable for every year, the billions of dollars that go into secret projects that get scrapped, getting overcharged by companies the leaders of this country are in bed with. No, we won't actually change the problems, we'll blame those pesky mexicans!

Edited by nazareth2

exactly, that's what I'm saying, let's get rid of the pesky mexican problem first, so we can then concentrate on the other stuff like where our money is going, how's that? And then, nobody can use illegal immigration as an excuse anymore, isn't that a great idea?

No illegal immigrants pay hospital bills? that's news to me.

Me too. Where'd you see that? It certainly wasn't in my post.

I said that they usually don't have health care. Then I said that they (the ones that don't have health care) go to the hospital for lots of things that don't necessitate the emergency room. In those situations nobody pays the bill because the only reason you'd go to the emergency room is because they HAVE to treat you. If they were going to pay the bills they wouldn't waste their money at the emergency room, they'd pay a regular doctor up front.

Some illegal immigrants pay their hospital bills, some don't.

Some citizens pay their hospital bills, some don't.

The difference is that illegal immigrants don't have the right to be here in the first place and that makes it a bigger problem.

Was an obvious typo, "They also don't get all the benefits", considering the line after it.

I wasn't nitpicking that point. I was countering the "they barely use up any tax money" point. Did you even read my post?

Did you even read my post?

I'm wondering the same thing about you. I'll just say that *thinking* something as fact "just because it sounds good" doesn't make it so. Besides that, i'm not going to take this into a grammar argument. You'll see things your way, i'll see them mine. The end.

Edited by nazareth2

anybody have any information on what kind of technology these cards might be using? i would imagine proximity or smart cards.. what contracting companies are the associated legislators affiliated with?

And more to the point, can they be wrecked with magnets, microwave ovens, hammers, etc...

anybody have any information on what kind of technology these cards might be using? i would imagine proximity or smart cards.. what contracting companies are the associated legislators affiliated with?

And more to the point, can they be wrecked with magnets, microwave ovens, hammers, etc...

more to the point is if you don't have one when you get pulled over by the cops you will most likely be arrested, can't be fined since they don't know who you are without your id card, and as thus you will keep it far away from magnets, microwaves, and hammers.

One comment about illegal immigrants and hospital bills. In my job, I get to deal with what I'm sure are lots of illegal immigrants. Guess what business I am in... Pharmacy. Thus, we get a TON of prescriptions from the local ER, and guess what, the majority of them are spanish, and guess how many of those have insurance... not too many. They pay for it. That's all I have to say. They pay cash for their medicine at least.

i'm not choosing sides in this epic struggle about hospital bills or whatever. but heres the gist of how i see it. illegal immigrants (in order to avoid pissing off nazareth2, we'll have them be chinese immigrants this time) are ILLEGAL. therfore, they shouldnot be here and should be deported. Whether or not they pay thier hospital bills.

ANYWAYS! back on the subject. I think that these cards are probably going to prove to work out for the better. As long as we don't have to pay for them, like someone said earlier.

I only have one thing to say about this.

Check this post from Feb. 14th

real id act post I made in Feb

Thanks for not caring then, kinda late to try to care 1.5 months later. As dual always said, "Be proactive, not reactive people."

Thanks,

+J

OMFG. Has the president signed that fucker yet?

more to the point is if you don't have one when you get pulled over by the cops you will most likely be arrested, can't be fined since they don't know who you are without your id card, and as thus you will keep it far away from magnets, microwaves, and hammers.

Oh, I'll carry their "card"... but if I can make the rfid/whatever stop working (ie if it's actually possible) I guarantee I won't be the only one. Just thinkin'.

if it passes I want a wallet or a card-holder that blockes radio fequencies so no one can scan me with out me knowing it.

Edited by ennui

While the RFID aspect is alarming, I have futher problems with this. As it's been mentioned, the government already has info on us so who cares? Yes, however, all of that information has not necessarily been compiled into one database...not yet anyway. Some of the information is at the federal level, some at the state level, and I think we all know that the government has difficulty sharing their databases on various levels and between different departments. With the passing of this bill, so much of this information would be linked together for a single NATIONAL database. Not only that, but the part about the head of Homeland Security being able to override any laws that interfere with the construction of barricades to roads is a daunting precendent.

For those who say they would be willing to sacrifice some freedoms for security, I'm sure there's a few folks who would have agreed with you... Mao Tse Tung, Hitler, etc. All throughout history any time a government wanted to gain more power over the people, they would use threats of invading enemies....also known as terrorism.

All too very true.

But, imagine the potential when something goes wrong. Now you'll only need 1 form of ID, and if you've got the card and are in the database, you *MUST* be who it says you are!

Perfect identity crime! <sarcasm> This is going to be sweet!! </sarcasm>

"Oh of course this is me, I just highlighted my hair and had a face lift." (I assume this will include photo identification.)

And do not even get me started on the other ways to abuse this. Of course there have been other things that could be similarly abused, but not at this level.