Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BConLite

School Haxin

31 posts in this topic

how would i convert that, and wut form should it be in

cause i went into calculator and i cam out with:

for

and when i put the bin number in there it didnt work, but when i put the ip in there it did :huh:

havoc, my friend tryed out what you said before and he said it dident work because websense blocks IP adresses too..... :blowfuse:

If the site has SSL enanbled I think you can bypass websense's keywords with HTTPS..

another way is to setup remote desktop (aka Terminal Services) (in Windows server versions XP Pro only), tightvnc or ultravnc on your home PC (as for as Mac and *nix goes, I can't help you). configure the router to forward the correct ports to the PC where the above software is installed.

go to school and install the client if needed. Windows XP already has the remote desktop client installed by default. then remote desktop into your home PC with your IP address. if all ports but HTTP and HTTPS are blocked your out of luck.

if you feel brave and can get it, try Citrix MetaFrame on a Windows 2000/2003 server box (they do have a Linux version) and include the remote web piece. that will enable you to use a browser and the open ports to get to it.

now, if they block your IP address you may be screwed.

another that I can think of is install a dial-up VPN service on your home box (of course you'll need a phoneline and modem). get a data cable (www.futuredial.com) for your cellphone and install the drivers onto a PC at school. create a VPN connection for your home and just dial out to your PC. :-)

if you can't beat the system, just eleminate it all together.

Edited by mikes

ok so i saw someone mentioned a proxy server, and i wanted to know how you set one-up...

Cough...

Edit: Well I guess all those proxys got popular and thus shut down. Cgi-proxy is dead simple to install on your own webspace. Just download it and throw it in /cgi-bin

Edited by kizzle