Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forsaken_saint

Email

7 posts in this topic

Ok well thsi kid at my skizzle busted up with "Oh im goign to get this guys ip address and h4x0r his computer". So I, knowing he is a retard most of the time said "How are you going to get the ip address?" and he says "I am going to get them to email me and get the ip from the headder or whatever". I just sat and thought because I didnt know if the ip address in in a headder of an email. So say he uses yahoo, wouldn't the ip in the headder be the one ofyahoos mail server or was he right and it be the actual persons? I really don't know much about what he is saying so just wondering...

Edited by forsaken_saint

Just because somebody has your IP doesn't mean a thing. There's nothing to worry about. Give him your IP and see what he tries. If you're really worried, go get Sygate Personal Firewall Pro.

No, see its not me that he is trying to get, im not worried about my ip getting to him. I was just wondering if the ip in headers or whatever was the ip of a computer or the mail services ip

Edited by forsaken_saint

No, see its not me that he is trying to get, im not worried about my ip getting to him. I was just wondering if the ip in headers or whatever was the ip of a computer or the mail services ip

yes, the originating IP address is in the header (even if it is from a webmail client) but what if that person sends the email from a compromised box? OR a public computer?

Yes, the IP address will be in the headers. Send yourself an email to yahoo and check it out. (try looking in the last "Received:" entry for your IP address) Then try sending one via http through a proxy and check that out too.

Hey, thanks for the help on this. I think now I will have a little fun with him because he is being a bum to these people.

Gmail will not send your IP.

Edited by Hiryu