Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exvitel

Blackbox in Windows

4 posts in this topic

I've tried using that. I wouldn't recommend it for XP due to the shell issues, but 98 and 95 run pretty smoothly. Another decent shell is LiteStep.

thats what I use on my windows box becuase I can't stand how windows looks. One bad thing about it is it has a default backround image that is in the C:/blackbox/bacrounds/ dir its called bg.png if you take that out and convert your wallpaper of choice to a png and then name it bg it will find that. The problem with it having a defualt wallpaper is that everytime it opens a full screen prog. it looks for that file and loads that. It might just be for counter strike cuase thats all I use my windows box for right now.

I used to be really into shell switching in Windows, but they always seem to be bloated and buggy, and so I always ended up going back to explorer.exe.

Others to try are Geoshell and SharpE, which is pretty good, but buggy when I first used it. They're both fairly minimalistic (Geoshell especially, which is probably the more stable of the two), but as I say I haven't been into it a lot recently.

*shrugs* Just thought I'd mention it :D