Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ragweed

jackpotting payphone tones

27 posts in this topic

ok so i was wondering if any one knew of a text files or something that had info on jackpotting payphones using tones or using the dial pad. cause i made an intersting discovery while in the park the other week.

could you maybe give us some insight as to your discovery?

well i decided to dial some random 1-800 #'s and the payphone dumped its cash box :)

just like 1800 then whatever. but after it dumped the cash box a voice came on and repeated a number but i c ant remember wht i dialed

was it like random 1800 numbers as in you just made some up, or did you get a shitload of mail spam offers and called the numbers?? i will gladly do a google on this, as I find it extremely interesting....

no i was just in the park got done fishing got bored waiting for my mom to pick me up so i just decided to dial random numbers

and i already tried a google search but came up with nothing but mabye you will see somthing i missed

Thats neat as hell....ima look into this also...tell you how it goes.

isnt the cash box to teh side of the change return?? i though when u insert the coin it goes in and if the call is completed it goes to the cash box but if the call isnt completed it keeps going straight down to the coin return.

if i'm right how can it dump the cash box? i'm not saying your lying i'm just trying to figure this out. i dont know much about phones but i thoght thats how the money thing worked.

this is interesting, and some of this knowledge could be applied to vending machines, i have been screwing with vending machines a lot at school and they seem pretty tight security wise....nothing a little sledge hammer cant fix tho.......

vending machines are fun to mess w/ i tried fooling with those codes from one of the port7alliance releases, you can't do very much, but it's fun nonetheless. it's worked on every coke machine i've tried, even the ones w/ the cylindrical selector buttons, except for a few at a local school for some reason.

134231 right?

yeah, i tried the codes too, and it was kiinds cool, but nothing really mindblowing....I managed to get another kind of vending machine, the ones that look like this:

vending_pepsi_bottle_big.jpg

to spew out all sorts of shit, if you keep the top 4 butons pressed down for about 10-15 seconds they will give a number, prolly serial.....and I also managed to get one like this to tell me how many it sold, I think that I unplugged it and plugged it back in holding the top 4 buttons. I found this only works when the display says access limited, if it says sold out, then the second trick I explained wont work.....dont know why.....my memory is kinda hazy on this, but I think it is pretty accurate, try it out. I am positive the first thing works, I just tried it today.....

Yeah, pay phones hold the jack in escrow until call completion. Jackpotting pay phones has been urban myth for a long time. You probably stumbled onto a seriously fscked up phone. Very isolated.

thanks for clearing that up dual...i thought phones where like that but like i said i'm not good with phones so i dunno.

yeah i thought that too the phone this happend onn was made by alltell

I have had a similar experience to ragweed..

Walking through times square in nyc a couple years ago I saw a guy drop the payphone handset and take off running. Curious, I ran over to the payphone and noticed the change return slot was filling up really fast. In all I think it spit out about $40. I've heard that phones can hold up to about $200. How much did it spit out ?

But I am under the impression that most phones cant spit out quarters because theyre stored in the cash box.. so either the guy was making a really expensive long distance call.. or he had done the old jam up the change slot trick, but I can't imagine why this guy would have just run away..

maybe some cop was behind the bush........

i ended up getting $ 1.75 USD in quaters the payphone is rarely used tho

how exactly.....

how exactly what???

did you get the money from the phone??

and, no, im not thinking of doing it, maybe once to see if it works, but it would be stupid to repeat it...you would get caught sooner or later...

i was just dialin random 1-800 #'s and then money came out i

oh, ok, oops i kinda forgot what the thread was about......sorry, gotta try that sometime, how long did it take you till you got some money, also was it only one number that worked, or more??

Now a phreak who knows this and does it every chance he gets just so he can get a box of condoms or something isnt a true phreak they are criminals (not calling any of you that just giving you all my insite)