bracket

How to tell if your phone is tapped

42 posts in this topic

yea blakeops, haven't you heard of echelon you noob? it's in EVERY Central office, this way if you divert through 80 PBX's, the original Central Office where the call was placed from picked up the keyword and knows exactly what line placed the call

A. blakeops is not a noob

B. Echelon only covers internet traffic/VOIP

Don't assume, check before you say things like that.

living is easy with eyes closed

mis-understanting all you see

~the beatles

If you live blindly, make assumptions, and tell everybody your assumptions, the whole world becomes blind.

Edit: the "B)" caused a conflict so I changed to B.

Edited by bracket

It's definitely possible to tap a phone line at the switch (I should know; I've done it on my own line from the console of a DMS-100), but the bit about automated software listening to every word you say is mostly, if not entirely, FUD.

yea blakeops, haven't you heard of echelon you noob? it's in EVERY Central office, this way if you divert through 80 PBX's, the original Central Office where the call was placed from picked up the keyword and knows exactly what line placed the call

A. blakeops is not a noob

B. Echelon only covers internet traffic/VOIP

Don't assume, check before you say things like that.

living is easy with eyes closed

mis-understanting all you see

~the beatles

If you live blindly, make assumptions, and tell everybody your assumptions, the whole world becomes blind.

Edit: the "B)" caused a conflict so I changed to B.

Echelon has been around way before voip you noob, but you're right, I did make an assumption based on what I was told about the system, it seems it only monitors international communications placed over satellite.

http://www.europarl.eu.int/tempcom/echelon...rechelon_en.pdf

well he did say internet/viop and since viop is internet he wasn't saying that echelon was made for viop,

noo..(I won't)

well he did say internet/viop and since viop is internet he wasn't saying that echelon was made for viop,

noo..(I won't)

it's not designed to monitor internet communications..

You don't even have to learn a dead language. Fuck, use anything other than Spanish, Portugese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandorin, and Vietnamese. Hell, before 2001, the CIA only had one Arabic translator.

However, police departments are much more likely to go after the private sector for translations than the feds would be. Mainly because they don't have fucked up rules about clearance.

The Abstruse One

I always act as if my conversations were being scrutinized by law enforcement. When I need to make a "private" call, I do so through a payphone.

As a general rule. I never say anything over the phone that I wouldn't have a problem saying to a cops face. Because everyone's phone it tapped. The C.I.A. DOES moniter over 6 million phone calls a day in the US.

I know this because I live in northern Va. and have some religious connections with the some agency employees. :monk:

What Abstruse said is more or less spot on.

The best way to make a call is to redbox a payphone(yeah it still works local calls only) and clean it when your done.

(don't want to leave any prints behind)

As for internet traffic that too is monitered mostly e-mail's.

Try throwing a few buz words in your future e-mails just to get there attention. Like terrorist, plane and Whitehouse. j/k

( this is a very bad idea because it will attract attention to you and your isp.)

I cant spiell wurth crep because I'm a noob.

Edited by azozel

I thought Echelon was an internet thing.

The best way to make a call is to redbox a payphone(yeah it still works) and clean it when your done.

Wouldn't the best way to make a call include paying for it?

Stealing only increases the probability that you will be caught.

For example, drug dealers drive the speed limit so they aren't caught for something so silly.

Yes paying for it would be better then red boxing just clean the coins and the phone from your prints. ( The resion I say clean your print's isn't just to avoid local law enforcement, / F.B.I.. It's for the agencys that don't have a name or any one to report to or any responsibility other then getting the job done.) :monk: ( Big brother is watching. ) :ninja:

As a general rule. I never say anything over the phone that I wouldn't have a problem saying to a cops face. Because everyone's phone it tapped. The C.I.A. DOES moniter over 6 million phone calls a day in the US.

I know this because I live in northern Va. and have some religious connections with the some agency employees. :monk:

What Abstruse said is more or less spot on.

The best way to make a call is to redbox a payphone(yeah it still works) and clean it when your done.

As for internet traffic that too is monitered mostly e-mail's.

Try throwing a few buz words in your future e-mails just to get there attention. Like terrorist, plane and Whitehouse. j/k

( this is a very bad idea because it will attract attention to you and your isp.)

I cant spiell wurth crep because I'm a noob.

Redboxing does *NOT* work for long distance calls, AT&T doesn't accept coins as a form of payment at all anymore, they haven't since about mid-2002

http://www.att.com/news/item/0,1847,10539,00.html

It's for the agencys that don't have a name or any one to report to or any responsibility other then getting the job done.) :monk: ( Big brother is watching. ) :ninja:

Everybody has a boss. Too bad that you think you could run from a 'black budget' group that you are describing and seem to know so much about.

I'd just like to point out that nobody in this thread has any idea what they're talking about.

I hate to dig up an old thread but I just ran across this article on CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/28/increase...s.ap/index.html

Wiretaps in U.S. jump 19 percent in 2004

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of secret court-authorized wiretaps across the country surged by 19 percent last year, according to court records which also showed that not a single application was denied.