StankDawg

YOU WON'T BELIEVE

29 posts in this topic

I had to sit back, and keep my mouth shut for 24 hours and watch everyone scramble to figure out whether it was all an april fools day prank or not. I read the emails. I popped into IRC on occasion and stirred the fire. I conspired with the rest of the DDP and our mods to work out stories for the tons and tons of instant messages that they were getting.

Then I went to my 2600 meeting and watched Sin City. Man, what a rough day! Don't you all love April fools day, or should I say PWNED day?

:morpheus:

But just to add a bit of seriousness, if you really were freaked out and scrambling to hide something, then let this little april fools prank be a wake-up call for you. Anythign and everythign that you post to this forum, and any other forum for that matter, is public. If you post something here, even for a day or a few hours, it is probably too late to undo it. Think about what you may post because this time it was a joke, but what if it happened for real? You may remember one of my favorite sayings from early episodes of BRR, "You can't put the shit back in the horse". Keep your nose clean and everything will be fine.

You will also get an all-access insider account of what we did and what I saw all day on the next episode of BRR so be sure to tune in. :P

*shakes fist* You dirty bastard lol. j/k

I was sorta pheering there for a bit. Not that I have anything to hide but to lose everyone and for you to be possibly locked up. Someone then re-reminded me of what yesterday was. I thought damn it and I was just planning a prank myself! How could I forget so fast!

Edited by ennui

here i was browsing thru the forms, when suddenly.. *clicks link* :huh: "what? forms down.. but i was just there.. 3 SECONDS AGO!.. " :cry: *runs wildly to get roommate.. returns babling..*

"..and then the fourms went down and i got this.."

:blink: *insert phear* :blink:

"wait.. w.. wait a min..." :o *checks date..* :omfg: :mumble: :nono: pwned!

LMAO.. i believe that was the most paniced couple of minutes i have experienced in a while! wonderful April Fools and a wonderful reminder of what a great thing these forms are.

It took me all of 3 seconds to figure out, but apparently I was the only person up at 6 AM yesterday so several people sent me messages about it. "OMG!! sUxx0r!!! BR iz pwnd by t3h fedz!!!!"

My response: "Hey, I'm getting a weird error message every time you send me something on AIM, could you check the date on your computer for me real quick? I think that might have something to do with it..."

A prank to explain a prank. BTW, I hope everyone remembered to wear business attire to their 2600 meeting.

The Abstruse One

Thanks for putting a smirk on my face stank... though it kinda sucked not having a forum to lurk on..

Edited by SilentSlade

I read the emails.  I popped into IRC on occasion and stirred the fire.  I conspired with the rest of the DDP and our mods to work out stories for the tons and tons of instant messages that they were getting.

You will also get an all-access insider account of what we did and what I saw all day on the next episode of BRR so be sure to tune in.  :P

Called all of those, which name were you using in IRC?

I had to sit back, and keep my mouth shut for 24 hours and watch everyone scramble to figure out whether it was all an april fools day prank or not. I read the emails. I popped into IRC on occasion and stirred the fire. I conspired with the rest of the DDP and our mods to work out stories for the tons and tons of instant messages that they were getting.

Then I went to my 2600 meeting and watched Sin City. Man, what a rough day! Don't you all love April fools day, or should I say PWNED day?

:morpheus:

But just to add a bit of seriousness, if you really were freaked out and scrambling to hide something, then let this little april fools prank be a wake-up call for you. Anythign and everythign that you post to this forum, and any other forum for that matter, is public. If you post something here, even for a day or a few hours, it is probably too late to undo it. Think about what you may post because this time it was a joke, but what if it happened for real? You may remember one of my favorite sayings from early episodes of BRR, "You can't put the shit back in the horse". Keep your nose clean and everything will be fine.

You will also get an all-access insider account of what we did and what I saw all day on the next episode of BRR so be sure to tune in. :P

fuknutz. lol

stank, you evil ticky bastard, you really had me fooled there, nice bit of colaboration though :P . Even though it was only april fools joke, dont acualy let it ever happen, or we would loose a great site an community. :(

Hahaha!

<- OWN3D!

Nice job though, if anything it was the weird SMS stank supposedly sent that was on OSP, like he sent a bunch of them in choppy broken english... Otherwise great job. BlackRatchet and natas kept me convinced :)

Does this have anything to do with Telephreak.org's Beave supposedly being arrested too? If not, that was probably a seperate one from the leets of telephreak.

Does this have anything to do with Telephreak.org's Beave supposedly being arrested too? If not, that was probably a seperate one from the leets of telephreak.

Man, marks, you fell for this whole thing hook, line, and sinker

Was Sin City any good?

Sin City was great, stank loved the last few minutes.

well, i can honestly say that I saw this coming about 4 days ago, so it didn't really get me. but, i did find out that without an active forum to check about 16 times a day, life gets really boring. BinRev ruined my social life!

DUDE!!!! You scared me out of my fucking MIND!!!! I couldn't sleep last night because I though the FedZ were gonna show up at my door and ask if I knew anything!!! Shit! Shit! Shit! This was really good, you had me phj33r1ng.

PWEN'D - Starring StankDawg as Aston Kutcher

After visiting some other sites that were doing obvious april fools jokes, I realized that there was trickery afoot!

Edited by Fubster

PWEN'D - Starring StankDawg as Aston Kutcher

After visiting some other sites that were doing obvious april fools jokes, I realized that there was trickery afoot!

lol it's already been done :D

http://www.binrev.com/hacktv/

messing with coder365 was the best!

I got semi freaked out for a few minutes, then after noticing that about 10+ people got "busted" on april fools day I snickered it off. Good wake up call to anyone who has things that could incriminate them or someone else though.

just now returned to the forums. i knew it was a joke .. there was a misspelling somewhere .. and being April 1st .... yeah. didnt even think it was serious.

i thought(hoped) it was a joke. good one stank :lol:

Here's a tip for next time: The feds don't seize shit on a Friday. There's a TON of paperwork and they want to get the fuck home for the weekend.

The Abstruse One