Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
screamer

textfiles.com?

10 posts in this topic

How the hell did our crappy show make it onto textfiles.com? I'm honored :)

Yeah my two shows amde it on there. I emailed Jason a long time ago and I never followed up. But yeha its weird how they made it on there.

Dude I loved hackermind, I listened to the show, was really bummed when yuo guys stopped it.

You're too kind.

We're hoping to have a one shot soon. I think we're well past our Hackermind years, but once a hacker, A L W A Y S a hacker.

Naw you guys where great, and are selling yourself short. That and you also turned me onto RFA, which was cool. Though you guys both ended rather close to eachother, which lead to me stoping to listen to internet radio for awhile. I like the squizzy show too, which might say somethign about what I like in radio shows. Thanks for the hours of entertainment and the some assemblence of knowledge I gained from listening.

Edited by oneeyedelf1

Hi, folks.

I was going to post something, but then I saw this entry in the message base, so what the heck.

For most of you, you have never known me at a time when I wasn't working on my BBS Documentary (I started in June of 2001). Well, that sucker is done and off to the printer. It is no longer at the forefront of my mind (although there is ancilliary work that needs to be done) and therefore I can aim it elsewhere.

A bunch of you have been very positive/encouraging in terms of your accolades about me and my energy and my efforts. What you do not know is what I function like at full throttle. You have only seen me at, maybe, half or less, as I've been juggling a day job against the BBS Documentary.

What I guess I'm saying is... look out. I have recently purchased a terabyte of disk space. And I intend to fill it.

Watch the fun.

hell yeah Jason! you rock for doing so much to community!

Hi, folks.

I was going to post something, but then I saw this entry in the message base, so what the heck.

For most of you, you have never known me at a time when I wasn't working on my BBS Documentary (I started in June of 2001). Well, that sucker is done and off to the printer. It is no longer at the forefront of my mind (although there is ancilliary work that needs to be done) and therefore I can aim it elsewhere.

A bunch of you have been very positive/encouraging in terms of your accolades about me and my energy and my efforts. What you do not know is what I function like at full throttle. You have only seen me at, maybe, half or less, as I've been juggling a day job against the BBS Documentary.

What I guess I'm saying is... look out. I have recently purchased a terabyte of disk space. And I intend to fill it.

Watch the fun.

hey any intentions of porting all your files over to ourmedia.org to give us fast access?

hey any intentions of porting all your files over to ourmedia.org to give us fast access?

There are already mirrors of textfiles.com and its sub-sites, such as audio.textfiles.com, which are available at faster speeds than the T-1 it's on.

I am still trying to understand OURMEDIA.ORG's gambit/approach. I will see what they're up to, and if I decide it's worth the effort, I will host stuff there.

You realize, by the way, that complaints about the speed of my free, advertising-banned, no-popup site are filed somewhere down under "Wish sky wasn't blue."

Edited by Jason Scott