Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
undergroundleopard

Dvd to AVI Ripper

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any good dvd to avi rippers, I have seem to have gone through 15, 20 programs and still have not found one that suits my needs. I'm really just trying to rip them into avi to be able to play my movies on my pocket pc, however I have some of which are one scratch away from being ruined thanks to my room mate.

I like the gordian knot rippack... I dont use an automated program, I think there is an auto gordian knot or something, but the rippack should get you on your merry way.

[edit]

gordianknot.sourceforge.net

Edited by oneeyedelf1

If you don't mind software that isn't free, I recommend Dr Divx... I havn't found a simpler or more elegant solution to ripping and converting, and out of 50+ movies I've ripped with it, I've only had problems with one of them.

I can't speak highly enough of AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot) to do this job. It will rip your DVDs into sharp, crisp, XViDs. It doesn't require an insane amount of knowledge to start off with either. You will also need DVDDecrypter. Both 100% free.

http://www.autogk.me.uk/

Edited by Seal

DVD::RIP is an excellent linux tool for the job, I use it all the time, has good quality and works in a decent amount of time.