Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nick84

"I can as soon as to publish you secret archives"

17 posts in this topic

Just had an interestingly worded post made to my board which I haven't yet officially put up (so I guess they got the link from here...)

----------------

buggos

interpol

03:39:01

30/04/2003 Found bug in board that allow read of any file (to web privs of course)on server. I hope you too can.

translated with babelfish

----------------

^-Reply

admin

08:21:14

30/04/2003 Please contect me / provide further details

----------------

^-Reply

interpol

01:38:55

01/05/2003 Work for the payment that you can pay to me with paypal to demonstrate to you. or I can as soon as to publish you secret archives  

----------------

http://www.rootsecure.net/content/board/in...ew_thread&tid=3

Note especially the "Work for the payment" and "or I can as soon as to publish you secret archives"!

Needles to say I found this very amusing, but it did make me check through my logs, and the board code again just to make sure. The persons IP traced back to “Miyzaki-city Education”, Japan.

Ow and I increased the encryption level on my secret archives to RC100006.7 :huh:

hahahahaha....extortion! This is a sad, sad pathetic person. Your logs should show all of his access, you can verify if he actually accessed any "secret archives". If there are no touches to anything unusual, then fuggedaboudit!

It just goes to show that there are assholes in every country. You try to provide a nice, free service in the form of a self written forum, and people threaten you for money. Maybe you outta flip the script on him. :ninja:

He just do not know who he be fukking with, do he?

edit: HAHAHAHAHA...interpol!!

Hehe yeah Interpol wtf?!

...I'm sorry but I just have to do it.

"All your secret archives are belong to Interpol"

"All your secret archives are belong to Interpol"

dammit beat me to it :lol::lol::lol:

Send him a email saying that you will give him a link to the info he seeks on compleation of him showing you the expliot, then send him a link to google... serves the guy right

"Protection money" from the Yakuza, perhaps?

"Protection money" from the Yakuza, perhaps?

because only you have the cure!!!

( just saw that movie last week )

/me lamer!!!

Wow, you guys fall for trolls easily.

nick: how come you edited your post before posting here? The kid tricked you... You can try and hide it, but he wasnt the only one to visit your board.

You seem to have misunderstood the whole thread as far as I can tell?

BTW I dont have any "secret archives" and if I did I certainly would not put them on a web server.

nick: how come you edited your post before posting here? The kid tricked you... You can try and hide it, but he wasnt the only one to visit your board.

Three posts in and you're already insulting people...

...Damnit I guess I fell for another troll.

yeah, he is not starting off on the right foot.... <_<

If Nick had paid lik ethe guy said, then he would have fallen for the troll... Nick is much too smart for that. I think you can tell that it was sincere when the english was so broken.

Not that it means anything, but even if it is a troll, so fukking what? I eat trolls for breakfast! :flamethrow: :eat:

Not to mention that he made a point of stating that it was a babelfish translation, which of course would not have crossed the mind of the usual troller.

He changed his post to try and make himself look better, and I pointed that out, I wouldn't call that insulting him.

It is true I edited a post on my board (which was made after I first posted here to the ddp forums). Basicall what happened was the post contained comments in <>'s which disapeared as the board took them to be HTML code. I havent worked out why exactly it is happening, but the admin script is not keeping them as the html safe equivalents. (< >)

on that note perhaps you should audit your boards code and make sure unicode is safe in it.. and make sure perl regexs cant be passed as input... Good luck.

bah, everyone knows that i have nicks secret archives here in the bland cave. a bunker 23 floors below sea-level... but that's all i can tell you :ninja:

He changed his post to try and make himself look better, and I pointed that out, I wouldn't call that insulting him.

I was also referring to ic0n. But hey I don't want to start shit with you. Can't we all just get along?

*sings kumbayah"