undergroundleopard

ANAC Numbers

56 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a site with up to date ANAC number, I can't seem to find the one for my area code any where and all the list that I find seem to be from 2000-02 and ar most likely out of date. If not can anyone tell me of a way to social engineer it out of someone in the phone company?

Well, have you dialed these number listed? What happened?

Next, who is your telephone company? Where are you located? This will allow us to help you a little better :)

Well the area code(s) I am looking for are 630 and 574 and I can't find them any where. I know 574 is a pretty new area code and I don't know about 630 because I just moved to the area.

I forgot but the telephone companies are both Verizon and 574 is located in Northern Indiana and 630 is located west of Chicago.

Actually, your local telephone company is SBC. Verizon is just an independent in your area.

630, was split off of 708, you also have an overlay of area code 331. Just a question for my own curiousity, do you have to do 10-digit dialing all of the time?

574 was split off of 219.

Some ANACs from a quick google:

In 630 land, try: 1-200-555-1212, 1-200-8825, 200-6153, and 724-9951.

In 574 land, try 200-XXX-XXXX where X is any number you wish (I assume).

Finally, not really an ANAC, but try 1-800-444-4444, which will tell you the number you are calling from.

Cheers!

Well in 630 I don't know if you have to dial a 10 digit number, but I believe you do, and for 574 you have to if you are calling to another city even if you are on the same area code.

Woah, how is 1-800-444-4444 "not really an anac"? It reads back your cid, doesn't it? So it's an ANAC.

<pimp> i'll be releasing the number directory on PnG pretty soon. I've got about 50 or so toll free anac's. Plus a whole bunch more.</pimp>

Edited by ic0n

be gone..

Edited by ic0n

I condiser the 800-444-4444 number to be a great resource, thats what I use for all the payphones. I just hope verizon doesnt take it down when the MCI buyout is totally switched over/completed.

Yeah, cause then we'd be forced to use 1-800-444-5555. And if that goes down we'll be forced to use 1-800-444-3333. And if that goes down then we'll all break down and cry.

Or we'll have to all chip in to give Bell's Mind an 800/888/877/866 number so we can call it up from payphones and get the ANI/CID info.

800-444-4444 isn't really an ANAC I think because it's just their PBX reading off your ANI info. Unless I'm confused over exactly what an ANAC is...

The Abstruse One

800-444-4444 just reads CID info. Unless you spoof an 800 number or something like that then it will read your ANI. I tried spoofing an 800 number to the 4 line yesterday and just got the ANI of the box I was dialing through.

Woah, how is 1-800-444-4444 "not really an anac"? It reads back your cid, doesn't it? So it's an ANAC.

ANAC stands for Automated Number Announcment Circuit. which is a piece of equipment in the CO that reads back the line calling (not the ANI, nor CID, but the physical line).

For example I dial 220 on my home phone and it comes back. It isn't a phone number.

While the 444-4444 reads back your CID/CPN, it is not an ANAC.

Hmmm, I just asked Strom and it turns out that you're right. Dammit, so now what should I call those numbers that read back the cid or the cpn or the ani?

800-444-4444 doesn't read CPN. It only reads CID, if CID is blocked then MCI reads the realtime. Like MCI, all their anacs never read just something, if they can't get something then they try something else.

edit: I forgot to add. It'll not only read the ANI if CID is blocked..but if the CID isn't a valid area code/number.

Not sure if it still is, but Verizon here in 757 had an ANAC on 211. It might still be there, I haven't had Verizon for my local service for at least a year or two now and I never remember it when I'm near a Verizon phone. :wacko:

Well the area code(s) I am looking for are 630 and 574 and I can't find them any where. I know 574 is a pretty new area code and I don't know about 630 because I just moved to the area.

what's the telco out there? cuz sbc has killed all there local anac's. (as far as i can tell) There going with the toll free that have passcodes.

Well what was lucky225 using to get the ANI and also what did he call to get the coin test?

I am talking about DougTV, if you questioning that

Well the area code(s) I am looking for are 630 and 574 and I can't find them any where.  I know 574 is a pretty new area code and I don't know about 630 because I just moved to the area.

what's the telco out there? cuz sbc has killed all there local anac's. (as far as i can tell) There going with the toll free that have passcodes.

SBC, as far as I can tell, has actually _standardized_ the local ANAC number across the board (works fine here in los angeles as of right now).

Well what was lucky225 using to get the ANI and also what did he call to get the coin test?

I am talking about DougTV, if you questioning that

Not sure about the ANI, as I haven't seen the whole thing, but if you go to http://www.stromcarlson.com/audio/ and listen to "Southern California" parts 1 and 2, you'll hear plenty of examples of me playing with the local ANACs, coin tests, etc etc etc.

SBC, as far as I can tell, has actually _standardized_ the local ANAC number across the board (works fine here in los angeles as of right now).

Over here in cleveland ohio they have killed all the local anac's. (216/440)

Those were the old anacs 1-800-555-1140 and 1180. Notice on the show it says they don't work anymore. Those read CPN even though they said "The ANI is" which then read the II digits then the CPN.

There was also one just like that 1-800-225-something that sounded the same, but when it said "The ANI is" it was the actual BTN/ANI, and no II digits.

Those were the old anacs 1-800-555-1140 and 1180. Notice on the show it says they don't work anymore. Those read CPN even though they said "The ANI is" which then read the II digits then the CPN.

There was also one just like that 1-800-225-something that sounded the same, but when it said "The ANI is" it was the actual BTN/ANI, and no II digits.

Yeah that was 1 800 225 5313 :grr:

In NYC the ANAC number is 958. Just in case anybody's wondering.

And, if nobody minds, I'll keep calling numbers like 800-444-4444 ANACs even though that's not the real meaning of the term. Or is there a different term for it?

use the generic term "number readback" and reserve ANAC for ANACs.