StankDawg

Best way to get new episodes of BRR

5 posts in this topic

I have to manually update the static radio archive page (right now). Sometimes I do this the night of the show, other times I don't get to it until a week later. It all depends on my availability. What I am making a point of, however, is to update the podcast the next morning.

The podcast will almost always be updated before the archive page so you might want to just look there for the file. Keep in mind that the directory at http://www.binrev.com/radio/archive/ is intentionally open and will contain the file even if the archive page itself isn't updated.

The BinRev "order of operations": ;)

1) Listen to the original stream (about 50+ people do each week and you can also participate in the live IRC chat that goes on)!

2) Get the podcast (2000-3000 people do this for each episode each month).

3) Wait for the download link (1000-2000 peoploe do this for each episode each month).

Hey Stank, Is there a way you could automate the process and hav it automatically update the podcast, and archieve. Nick 84 wrote some software to automatically record daily episodes of Newsreal with Sean Kennedy and then have it available oh his archive site. Umap.binrev.com Just wondering if you could use something the way he does. You've talked about how busy you are and I just thought this might make things a bit easier for you.

Hey Stank, Is there a way you could automate the process and hav it automatically update the podcast, and archieve. Nick 84 wrote some software to automatically record daily episodes of Newsreal with Sean Kennedy and then have it available oh his archive site. Umap.binrev.com Just wondering if you could use something the way he does. You've talked about how busy you are and I just thought this might make things a bit easier for you.

The phrase "right now" in parenthesis referred to that. We are testing the overall process for a totally dynamic schedule and archive page. It takes time.

Oh ok i guess i missed that. Just trying to help.

PS How was interzone?

Edited by Cessna

Hey Stank, Is there a way you could automate the process and hav it automatically update the podcast, and archieve. Nick 84 wrote some software to automatically record daily episodes of Newsreal with Sean Kennedy and then have it available oh his archive site. Umap.binrev.com  Just wondering if you could use something the way he does. You've talked about how busy you are and I just thought this might make things a bit easier for you.

The phrase "right now" in parenthesis referred to that. We are testing the overall process for a totally dynamic schedule and archive page. It takes time.

Yes, all the code for the dynamic episodes / schedule page is already done and working as far as I am concerned so it should be up after StankDawg completes final testing.

Regarding umap - it is currently down. It went through about 80GB in 4 days which was too much for my current reseller package. I am working on a solution and it should be back up by the end of this week.