Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dox

a question for anyone w/ a phone book from florida

8 posts in this topic

i got a crank call of some sort from 941-662-5634 a while back, and seeing a number from florida pop up on the cid it struck me as quite odd. being from canada and whatnot.. i couldnt find anything through a few online searches, but who knows eh? :huh:

*edit* i don't know what the issues are concerning any privacy, or posting of information from florida's directory(s). maybe a pm or something would work? <shrugs>

941 is the Tampa/St. Pete area. It was probably a wrong number anyway. And since it didn't come up while checking 7 different reverse number lookups, it's probably a cell number.

ah, now thats making sense, all i heard during the call was a bunch of background noise, and someone asking me "whats up?" repeatedly. a wrong number /cell call fits that call like a glove. i just couldn't wrap my brain around it being a wrong number for some reason.

thx for the effort, at any rate. :voteyes:

i just called a few cna's all the automated ones could'nt find any info... So i decide i would call the ameritech one witch has live operators and they told me that it was a cell fone number.

A little online research and this is what i found...

941-662-xxxx is one of the prefixes that comes out of Cape Haze, FL

The switch is FTMYFLXACM2 and the cell fone provider is (6502) VERIZON WIRELESS-FL and the LATA is... 93902

*falls off chair*

very cool ic0n, thanks

whatever u use for your online research must be worth its weight in gold/phone cards...

one of these days lazyness will come back to haunt me.

*interesting side note* the 6502 was the processor used in the nes nintendo entertainment system, among other familiar things...

The switch is FTMYFLXACM2 and the cell fone provider is (6502) VERIZON WIRELESS-FL and the LATA is... 93902

the FTMY part of that is Fort Myers...

you said a prank call "of sorts" so what did that mean?

Fort Myers isn't 941 anymore, it's 239. It may be equipment from FM that's been moved yet not renamed.

it sounded like a prank of some sorts, the caller didn't give his name, it went something along the lines of:

caller: "hey man whats up?"

me: "not much, yourself?"

background noise for a minute or so

caller: "whats up?"

myself: "not a whole lot, how about you?"

caller: "whats up?"

myself: "im not doing to much at the moment."

background noise for a few more minutes, and then the guy hangs up.

it's nothing serious, i just wanted to get some idea of who had called from florida to ask me, "whats up". you guys came up w/ quite a bit, having only a phone number to go with.