StankDawg

Hack TV

49 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

maybe you also know a little about one of my other concerns...liability issues...

I have discussed soem things with my lawyer, but nothing specific. I worry abuot getting anyone in trouble for doing ssomething that while harmless, may technically be illegal in some minor way.

Well I may not be a Law dude. but the best thing is to all ways cover your ass.

Get anybody who is on the show or works for it to sign papers that state that they are responsible for what they have done and that you are only documenting it. Make sure that where you shoot your segments that it is legal for you to do those things or be sure not disclose where or when it was shot. Basically be paranoid. I think that you will be safe for the most part if you treat the whole thing like a news show where you report and can't give out sources. Of course with the new Bush regime things could be fucked.

I would say a disclaimer at the front of every show in a creative way would cover alot of asses.

And again I will help anyway you want me to. And if you can get me a sexy hacker chic I would be super happy. :roll:

What kind of frequency are you looking at putting this thing out? If something like monthly or less, I would be willing to download, burn, and mail out a few CDs of every issue to those who are bandwidth challenged.

no way can we do monthly... not now anyway...nore like quarterly at best. Most likely is twice per year.

I will commit my time and bandwidth to cutting things. I also intend on doing my own content but have no idea what you guys want. right now I can offer comical content for Trailer Park Boys the show I do.

Hell ya it sounds interesting!!! Stank, could you give us an update on what the current stage of hacktv is? im not saying to reveal secrets of the show, just in what phase you are in?

unfortunately, HackTV took a backseat to the zine temporarily. As of now, we are still accepting videos and deciding on format details.

Basically, upload any videos to ftp.stankdawg.com/incoming for now and let me know so I can check it out. We are planning to put them together into a continuous show depending on time and editing skillz.

We have also discussed some other possibilities, but that is the current plan. I wish I had more news on progress, but sadly, real life takes over sometimes. :( It is not dead, just in slow motion.

muahhahah slow motion is fun :) got me a camera as well but the fun stuff comes as to my access to my editing tools. Stank mind hooking me up with a few of the clips I can play with ? Currently I am having issues getting my own recordings to show demos to work since there is no win2k driver to my knowledge for my samsung scd23 dv camera.. if anyone runs into this driver please let me know. Been searching for days.

Ok Stankdawg what is deal on the show opener. If you guys have audio already that you want to keep, then I could design a show opening. People could submit ideas and files and they could be incorporated in the opening.

What say the gang? I don't want to assume that I am the best but I bet I have the best gear to do it. And I have been an actual paid professional at this for 5 years. :P

myself and meme were working on a very nice opening but with both of us with professional lives as well.. its taking us time to get it done.

Sure thing Stank I'll downloaded the vids and help support it anyway I can

:P

read the last post time

"May 23 2003, 10:52 PM"

:blink:

IF you want to see the shows, http://www.hacktv.org

Edited by n3xg3n