Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeroxeal

Free calling cards :)

75 posts in this topic

Ah, I see. So on the AT&T menu, one selects the "talk to an operator at a higher level of payment."

No, you just dial the number.

I keep getting "Internal Server Error" when trying this deal. Guess they caught on. XD

I only have like 350, too. ;(

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

Seems pretty slow also. My guess is they're just having server problems.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that hundreds of people are abusing thier services....

That's the craziest thing I've heard all day.

blakeops: instead of using your gmail account, you should just pick a really long word and make it an address at dodgeit.com. I know for a fact they don't block the address.

I have never had email sent to me, I just used random crap email that never existed, copied the numbers and code when it came up and did it again! Never had top use a real name or email addy! :grr:

i just got a:

The following errors were encountered:

* Numbers test expired

are they out of numbers?

i just got a:

* Numbers test expired

are they out of numbers?

still works for me. :lol:

Heh heh heh

This thing is a textbook example of bad security (or loss prevention) that looks good. "Numbers tests" on websites are supposed to keep scripts from racking free calling cards, e-mail accounts, &c., by assuring that some human is there to enter information.

As many of you have discovered, circumventing the numbers test on this site is trivial--all you have to do (with cookies from the site dis-allowed) is hit back, change the "Last Name" and "Address" fields only, and hit enter again. The numbers test image will remain the same, so a script probably could rack up hundreds of cards with a single number reading.

In a bizzare attempt to add some "security," the numbers test expires after a while. So if it has been too long since the numbers test image was first generated, the page will not allow you to get a calling card. (Of course this provides little real security, since a script could pull hundreds of card numbers before the test expires.) When it says "Numbers test expired" all you have to do is close the window and open it again, then start over.

i just got a:

* Numbers test expired

are they out of numbers?

Sort of... The "number tests" is apparently a session id that is assigned the specific number string, and of course session id's expire after so long. On the folgers site it's around 8-9 minutes. But, even if they did fix the session ID re-use(which is an easy fix), that wouldn't stop automated grabbing. I wasted some time to look into it more a couple months ago, and their actual (most important part)number verification script would need to be fixed along with the session id reuse. Also, only need to hit refresh instead of closing/opening.

Edited by nazareth2

ah i got like a million folgers cards, and when i tried to use them at a pay phone close to me, actually 2 pay phones close to me, they said the call could not be made in my service area, and that was just trying to call the calling card number, no dial around or op-divert. i called the op on the verizon Pay phone and she told me beucase it was a sprint number it would not go through. and when i tried to Op-divert through the Bell phone the guy just disregarded everything i said bout being special and connected my call to a recording saying toll free calls could be made by caller only. and when i called on the verizon phone, when i told the operator i was visually impaired, she connected me to her supervisor and her supervisor told me to find someone to dial the number for me. i am so bummed - i cant use my folgers cards in my area because there are no sprint pay phones i can get to, only verizon and Bell, whats the deal. if i could get an operator to dial the 800 number for the folgers card would i be able to use it, or am i just stuck?

ah i got like a million folgers cards, and when i tried to use them at a pay phone close to me, actually 2 pay phones close to me, they said the call could not be made in my service area, and that was just trying to call the calling card number, no dial around or op-divert. i called the op on the verizon Pay phone and she told me beucase it was a sprint number it would not go through. and when i tried to Op-divert through the Bell phone the guy just disregarded everything i said bout being special and connected my call to a recording saying toll free calls could be made by caller only. and when i called on the verizon phone, when i told the operator i was visually impaired, she connected me to her supervisor and her supervisor told me to find someone to dial the number for me. i am so bummed - i cant use my folgers cards in my area because there are no sprint pay phones i can get to, only verizon and Bell, whats the deal. if i could get an operator to dial the 800 number for the folgers card would i be able to use it, or am i just stuck?

Dial 10102880, wait, Dial Folgers toll free access number

Which Bell company are you referring to?

southwestern

I'l try the 10102880 again- it seemed to connect then go silent, i guess i just didn't understand, if i call it from anywhere else it talks to me first.

southwestern

OK...The Verizon phones will behave differently based on whether the wire center you're calling from is a former GTE area or a former Southwestern Bell area. If it's a Verizon phone served out of an SBC switch, it's a COCOT.

If the number is unreachable from both Verizon payphones, SBC payphones, and home telephones, then the number is probably restricted by the interexchange carrier from being called from your LATA or NPA. If it fails to work only from coin phones, then the interexchange carrier may have restricted these to not be callable from coin phones.

I highly doubt that Verizon is preventing you from calling the number, since doing so would be blantantly illegal.

southwestern

OK...The Verizon phones will behave differently based on whether the wire center you're calling from is a former GTE area or a former Southwestern Bell area. If it's a Verizon phone served out of an SBC switch, it's a COCOT.

If the number is unreachable from both Verizon pay phones, SBC pay phones, and home telephones, then the number is probably restricted by the interexchange carrier from being called from your LATA or NPA. If it fails to work only from coin phones, then the interexchange carrier may have restricted these to not be callable from coin phones.

I highly doubt that Verizon is preventing you from calling the number, since doing so would be blatantly illegal.

I can call the calling card number from my home phone, and my cellphone, but when i talked to the operator she said it was beucase i was on a verizon phone, and asked if could reach a sprint pay phone near me. i told her that the only phones i could reach were verizon or SBC and both of them did not work. i guess the interexchange carrier has restricted the calls to sprint calling card services. is there anyway i can get around this?? could i call a different dial around service like Telus, or are there any suggestions for a solution so i can make calls with theses lovely free minunits folgers has provided for me lol.

southwestern

If the number is unreachable from both Verizon pay phones, SBC pay phones, and home telephones, then the number is probably restricted by the interexchange carrier from being called from your LATA or NPA. If it fails to work only from coin phones, then the interexchange carrier may have restricted these to not be callable from coin phones.

I highly doubt that Verizon is preventing you from calling the number, since doing so would be blatantly illegal.

I can call the calling card number from my home phone, and my cellphone, but when i talked to the operator she said it was beucase i was on a verizon phone, and asked if could reach a sprint pay phone near me. i told her that the only phones i could reach were verizon or SBC and both of them did not work. i guess the interexchange carrier has restricted the calls to sprint calling card services. is there anyway i can get around this?? could i call a different dial around service like Telus, or are there any suggestions for a solution so i can make calls with theses lovely free minunits folgers has provided for me lol.

OK dude, you're not listening to me.

If it fails to work only from coin phones, then the interexchange carrier may have restricted these to not be callable from coin phones.

The operator doesn't know what she's talking about (as tends to be the case). Dial through AT&T if you want to use the card from a coin phone.

lol sorry, i think iv got it figured out. i just need to go and try it out. thanks for the help

hmm,

Redemption requests must be received by 6/30/05. Limit one offer per household while supplies last. Incomplete requests and requests with inaccurate email address and/or other information will not be honored. Not responsible for technical or transmission-related errors. Unused minutes expire 4/30/06. Void where prohibited. Offer only valid in the U.S. Domestic minutes only

so if the email bounces back to them, will they disable the pin or something?

hmm,
Redemption requests must be received by 6/30/05. Limit one offer per household while supplies last. Incomplete requests and requests with inaccurate email address and/or other information will not be honored. Not responsible for technical or transmission-related errors. Unused minutes expire 4/30/06. Void where prohibited. Offer only valid in the U.S. Domestic minutes only

so if the email bounces back to them, will they disable the pin or something?

Cards I got with a fake e-mail still work for me.

Good ol' Mothers Day! I think it should be the official phreak holiday, in honor of Our Mother, the late Ma Bell. After all, it does have the most phone traffic of the year.

Good ol' Mothers Day!  I think it should be the official phreak holiday, in honor of Our Mother, the late Ma Bell.  After all, it does have the most phone traffic of the year.

I've been saying this for years.

Word...write letterz n shit yo..anyway thanks for the clarification.

Not much time left to get these things :grr: Get some before it's over.