Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlz

Synergy

15 posts in this topic

I could see a nice use for this, just I have one moitor. Tell us how it goes.

Edited by phreakblaze

This is very useful. They have both windows and *nix ports and it runs on pretty much anything able to access the network.

It's great for internal networks. I just wish they would allow people to add drag and drop functionality between hosts.

I like it, it was posted in a thread I had made about a having a several displayed setup using several computers. Sadly it will not compile on FreeBSD 5.3 and there staff has been of little help.

synergy2 IS NOT A KVM!!!

its a virtual KM.

it doesnt do shit with video

zeroxeal, if you are looking for something that will compile check out x2vnc, or win2vnc.

I used sysnergy for a while and it crashes and just fucks every thing up I am curently not a fan maby one day I will try it again

I use synergy all day long on 3 different boxes, 1 windows and 2 linux boxes. It never crashes. What setup were using, and what version

I used it for a couple days. didn't work properly 80% of the time, crashed quite a bit. other than that it was pretty snazzy.

i love synergy i use it on 4 of my computers at the same time and the great thing about is its multi-platformed !

i use it with open suse , backtrack2 and two xp box's

I couldn't function at work without Synergy. I absolutely love it. Tunneled over SSH keeps it pretty secure. I have it running on Solaris 10, OpenSuSE 10.2, and Win2k3(why can't all web apps work in linux and firefox?). I've been using it for years.

I use Synergy with SSL wrapping. It works perfectly for the most part, but some programs/games don't like it.

Edited by chown

I came across Synergy when I was trying to sync 3 monitors across 2 pcs with computer 1 (win2k3) having just the one 22'' monitor and computer 2 (XPpro) powering the other two 19''s. At first I had problems with getting the setup to work as I wanted a B-A-B configuration as opposed to the more common A-B-B or B-A-A config which would of required me to unhook my 22'' from my main PC and swop it for one of the 19''s, but after digging around the (friendly) forums and playing with config file I achieved what I was going for. Ive been running this setup for about 3 months now and it works great for having use of 2 pcs with one mouse/keyboard, but I find I must disable it for running anything in full screen in that a simple bump of the mouse takes me right out of what I was doing (gaming/movies), and of course, it dosent support drag and drop (just yet) but the copy and paste feature works fine.

So given my somewhat unorthodox monitor config, on top of running multiple OS's, and the fact that its FREE, Id say that it works quite nicely..

... but I find I must disable it for running anything in full screen in that a simple bump of the mouse takes me right out of what I was doing (gaming/movies), ...

Unless I misunderstood what you're saying, to fix that problem hit scroll-lock to lock the keyboard and mouse to the current screen.

it has gotten to the point where i cant use my setup with out synergy.

for apps like watching video files or listing to music it really doesn't compare to how much i value synergy.

right on my network i have a dsl and a cable connection. i then use two routers to give the cable and dsl internet to the correct computers. then i use synergy to share one keyboard and mouse. I have another mouse pluged into the second computer. being able to not have to use a second keyboard is grand. I just double tap my right side and go.

ive donated money to the synergy team and plan to do it every year.

Anyone been able to get this working from laptop to desktop? Both run Debian Sid and are on wifi.