Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bland_inquisitor

binary revolution

86 posts in this topic

Yeah it seems like dual shows up on a bi-monthly basis to the 2600 meetings though :).

I missed this months meeting but I'll be at the next one. Hopefully I can pick one up there.

...Oh I have some of that article written and I'll actually have time to work on it after school is over for the semester.

Here's the lowdown:

For US and Canada, send a US five-dollar bill to

RFA

P.O. Box 21192

Albuquerque, NM 87154

For other countries, send a US five-dollar bill and a self-addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to mail a 2600-sized magazine from the above address.

Dual: Does that mean you aren't coming to the next one?

Just FYI to the readers...

It costs me .83 to ship 1 issue inside the US and 1.10 to ship to Canada. Paypal takes .45 for each transaction from the US and a little more from Canada. Printing is approximately 2.80 per book and .30 each for folding/stapling/trimming.

1.00 <== approximate shipping

2.80 <== approximate printing

0.30 <== approximate folding/stapling/trimming

0.45 <== paypal's cut

0.15 <== 6x9 mailing envelope

-------

4.70 <== Approximately what it costs us to produce each issue.

So about .30 per issue will go "in the pot" to produce more/better issues in the future. When you account for the time, gas, and other miscellaneous BS, I think this makes it clear exactly where we stand financially. That little bit of money goes towards printing more of the next issue and passing out a couple of freebies to distributors and bigwigs to try to get local and/or national distribution.

Also, don't get me wrong, some of us had hookups to get a better price on printing, but others didn't. So give or take .50 cents per issue. The point: We are doing this for the LOVE and FUN. We will work with everyone to get copies to them. By all means, feel free to post here and we will work with your situation as best we can. :)

ill try and get my 5 bux in the mail this afternoon :voteyes:

is the postal code 87112, or 87154?

It's 87154. I don't know if I'll make it to the Jun meet, feend. If all goes well, Rax will be able to get you a copy (if you don't want to mail order).

if you can pick one up at the meeting it would be better on us. We avoid that paypal "tax" and shipping.

dual Posted on May 8 2003, 11:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the lowdown:

RFA

P.O. Box 21192

Albuquerque, NM 87154

For other countries, send a US five-dollar bill and a self-addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to mail a 2600-sized magazine from the above address.  

I ordered via paypal before I read this I am but I am in the UK do I need to send a prepaid envelope to receive it or can I just pay extra for the shipping ?

zerodata:

to keep things easy, just send an envelope pre-stamped and addressed with enough postage to get the mag back to you. use the RFA PO box as the return address on the envelope so that if you didnt include enough postage, your mag won't go to the dead letter office (my second favorite REM album)

Lol ive been spreading the word like crazy locally.. people seem to catch to it so maybe you might want to ponder getting B&N randomly to maybe have a few copies on the shelves..

Ok bland thanks I will get myself to the local post office and sort it out

dual Posted on May 8 2003, 11:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the lowdown:

RFA

P.O. Box 21192

Albuquerque, NM 87154

I ordered via paypal before I read this I am but I am in the UK do I need to send a prepaid envelope to receive it or can I just pay extra for the shipping ?

hmmm..yeah, I just saw the order. I will check it and see how much it will cost me and let you know. If it is over 2 bux, I will work something out with you via email.

Alright stank I will work out what it costs for me to send a prepaid envelope to you as well.

i sent off my fiver on friday, im just checking to see if any postmen pinched the goods, or if the sparrow has landed in the nest?

I am sending batches out on Mondays and Thursdays. Any orders from Friday or the weekend, will go out on Monday.

Just for my own knowledge, can anyone confirm or post when they get their copies?

Just FYI...

It cost me 2.40 to ship to the UK. Don't worry about it this time, but in the future, maybe we will have to break down and add shipping costs. :(

Or we stick with the pre-paid envelope thing, but that is just such a freaking hassle! :grr:

Stank I will be happy to pay extra for the postage perhaps you could setup an international orders page with the price put up to cover postage on paypal.

you know, I really hate to have to do that, but I might have to. :( I just didn't realize that it was such a drastic difference.

Regardless, don't worry about this one, like I said. But next issue, we may put up that international orders button. Yours is not the only one, so we will work something out for everyone.

The most important thing is that it is on the way! :)

Stank I got the Bin Rev issues yesterday. Great Job! I love the mag.

btw the way i've already sold 3 of the issues. I'll keep you updated. B)

sw33t! let me know if and when you want more.

one more question of sorts.. what are you guys going to do with our address', keep them on file for future reference if/when we request another magazine? or do you use them once and toss the info when finished?

the only reason im asking is because i didn't see anything on binrev.com regarding "customer privacy".

not that it's a big deal ofcourse, i was just looking at binrev and it struck me that it might ease some potential customers who might be worried about those kind of things...

Actually we all I think take privacy seriously and we should keep this strongly in mind for Bin rev records. Handy it would be to have on record so that a person could just order... however might be smarter to just have it resent everytime you have a request for a mag... that way no backfile can be made other than the Binrev crew using it to make mailing possible and that time it takes from the request to the enduser.