feeble

After the scan

6 posts in this topic

I been asked this question a few time's and am hoping to start a thred that,... well you know you can point people to and say "its all ready been covered look here http://........."

So

WHAT DOSE A "HACKER" hehe "OH 1337 one" do after scaning a system?

and when i bin in the situ its been a case of GOOGLE (hehe) or other cards up the sleave

but for anyone who my be stuck on this one and to shy to ask................

look up explioits ....

wright somin them selves.....

etc...

etc...

Ok, hacking is not all about owning boxes. it is about innovation and the artfull use of technology. this extends far beyond the realm of network security. An 31337 hacker would analyze the source code for a service for vulnerabilities, and weak security implementation within the code. having found a vulnerability an exploit may be coded for it, and the vulnerability might be released or not.

But suppose that you set up a network and wanted to harden the system, you might perform a pentest againt yourself.

now you would scan the network from outside of it, and try to find out what the computers on the network do, and how they communicate with eachother. (routing, firewalls, IP's, MACs, etc.) you would scan the hosts and take note of the services each computer is running, and the versions and patch levels of those services.you should try to figure out who uses the computer, and who administrates the network.

after completing your scans look at your logs, and note that your activity has not gone un-noticed, so if wasn't your network, you just pissed someone off. At this time you would cross refference the services/versions with known vulnerabilities.

At this time you would know what you are vulnerable to, and could patch the services, and eliminate other problems. If you do not harden the system then some kiddie might search for vulnerabilities on your system, and having found any search for a proof of concept exploit that could be easily edited to target your network, allowing the kiddie user or root/admin access.

I been asked this question a few time's and am hoping to start a thred that,... well you know you can point people to and say "its all ready been covered look here http://........."

So

and when i bin in the situ its been a case of GOOGLE (hehe) or other cards up the sleave

look up explioits ....

wright somin them selves.....

etc...

etc...

I'm no Strom, but WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?

Seriously..I can barely read that post

I have inquired severl time on this topic, and found no distict place for concise answer. This being the case I thought it a novel ideal to start a topic and the diffinative thread.

So

After scanning a system, what techniques would a "sophisticated hacker" use for intrusion.

Please include information on using google, and perhaps examples of how to use it properly (how to use characters and boolean search functions as well as others that can make google a powerfull tool.

In case you were interested my advice is as follows:

look up explioits ....

wright somin them selves....

Look up the exploits or write some yourself.

etc...

etc...

thats all ive got to say, but i wish i could say more.

The translator of this post has an advanced degree in broken english, and did his doctoral thesis in drunken shorthand rambling typing.

Note to feeble: if i have misinterpreted you in any way please contact me and i will amend my translation.

thread closed... but remember the no flaming rule people...this was dangerously close.