Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgnome

SIP Gateway

7 posts in this topic

I need a SIP gateway and was wondering if asterisk can be used as a SIP gateway or if I need something like SIP Express Router. Any input would be appreciated.

You can use Asterisk and I would recommend it unless your brave because I've been dealing with the SIP Express Router all week and it sucks. It has alot higher learning curve than Asterisk, IMHO.

Natas, have you configured asterisk to work with x-lite or something like that for the clients? And also, I need help getting FWD to work for outgoing calls. Thanks again.

i have. asterisk is pretty easy. make sure you check the wiki at voip-info.org everything you could ever want is there.

I've read the materials in the wiki. The problem is that when I attempt to use x-lite to place a call through the asterisk box it says 'call not approved'. Any ideas?

i dunno, check the user names and passwords. use google. im so sick of asterisk/ser right now....

Ok, I got iax to work coming in for FWD, but I still cannot get outgoing to work. The instructions on the fwd page dont' seem to work right.