Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livinded

recording without a mixer

9 posts in this topic

ME and my cohost and anyone else we will get on the show are talkign through skype and recording. For out first episode he had to each record our own part then send it to one of us to put it together. Is there a way to record multiple inputs without using a mixer. I use my usb headset but is there a way to record both the sound form my speaker out and usb at the same time. By the way we are using audacity.

I don't know about the USB headset, but there are several programs that will record whatever's on the soundcard, even a few freeware ones. I'd give you the names, but I'm on my laptop and they're on the other computer. I think Adobe audio program (audacity?) does.

The Abstruse One

We tried audacity (Dont think its made by adobe) and goldwave and its a bitch to sync the two things together.

there are ways to run multiple mics to a single input. they make y splitters (check radio shack or a pro audio store) and just jack to mics into one input and record that in your prog of choice (i use cool edit pro)

Yeah we need a program that can record skype conversations so can you do that without a mixer?

i've tried y splitters but either i can't hear him or i can't hear me. I'll try that cofniguration for audacity sto record whatever soundcard hears.

I think i've figure dout how to record everything thats plugged into the souncard but the problem is that i have a usb headset and i need to find a way to record my headset from usb and record all the sound comming from skype. Since the usb headset is not accually plugged into the soundcard i don't think i am able to record that and the soundcard at the same time, any ideas?

Yeah......

Spend the $30 on the mixer. You are not going to find a better way around it. And if you do the quailty is going to be crap.

but how will that help if i record from a usb headset? i still need 2 inputs.