Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlz

vmware

8 posts in this topic

i have installed vmware for windows and i've tried to install both red hat and mandrake on vmware. but i start the installation and my installation freeze's and i can't do anything else after it askes for what language i want.

any suggestions?

Thanks

That seems like a really oddball error and sounds more related to your install disks than to vmware. I know redhat will occationally freeze up on installs at least before 7.3 it did a lot. However at lang? Which distro ver u trying to install?

well i'm trying to install mandrake 9.1 and i don't know what red hat i've tried to install. should i maybe try a different distro like slack or SuSe and see if that happens with them?

check the vmware site and you will find a list of all kernals vmware works with.. it will not work with some, check compatability lists..

cool man... Thanx

now that i have found out that vmware 3.2 is not compatible with mandrake 9.1 how would i go around finding a copy of mandrake say 8.0?

Thanks

I have 8.1 if you want we can meet over irc and I'll give you the three iso's........

I have 8.1 if you want we can meet over irc and I'll give you the three iso's........

where and when buddy?

Its not just the distro, its the stock kernal IN the distro.. I suggest you get mandrake 8.2 from somehwere liek planetmirror or something and then just upgrade your RPMS, disabling access to it through your NAt so its a vmware box only...