Followers 0
myozone

IP's > 'owner' lists

12 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone I'm after a list of IP + owner lists,sort of

000.000.XXX.XXX = bla bla isp

-

255.255.XXX.XXX = another bla bla

only the upper A class ??? addresses 65536 of em... NOT all 4,294,967,296 :) but just the 'upper' ones !

my ISP (Tiscali) is 212.129.XXX.XXX I know I can go and look them up on there but nice to have a list! ;)

OR know where I can download them.

Thanks

Dave......

Always looking UP

http://www.arin.net/whois/index.html is a good link...but I think he may be wanting to know who they are in turn subbed out to. They may be owned by that ISP, but he may want to know what businesses are all within that subgroup.

A belive a *nix box doing a recursive ip scan via whois, echoeing the retrived records into a grep reqex that catinates the data into a pipe delimited flatfile database would be usefull in this instance... no use reinventing the wheel or doing all that idexing if you dont have to.

Just make sure you send me a copy of the db, lol.

Thanks guys just what I needed!!

This board is COOL ......:D

Dave......

Very nice Nick, how did you come to find it? Google? Beats having to setup a nix box for the task anyday.. as I said, no use reinventing the wheel. ;)

[edit] Damn its all in ms excel.. I was hoping for a flatfile db.. o well, thanks for the link.[/edit]

Very nice Nick, how did you come to find it? Google? Beats having to setup a nix box for the task anyday.. as I said, no use reinventing the wheel. ;)

[edit] Damn its all in ms excel.. I was hoping for a flatfile db.. o well, thanks for the link.[/edit]

I found it a couple of months back, and posted it on my site, when I was looking for the same thing - It wasn’t that easy to find though (not sure where I got link from now, probably google though)

Isn’t there anything for *nix that can view Excel files - assuming that’s your problem?

wow, thats pretty comprehensive, I wonder how much time it took to complete....

My problem is I have a idea i want to try, but need a char delimited flatfile DB with this info to try it.. excell doesnt do it for me as i can not tap into it as a db then.

You could try converting it, I know perl for one supports reading Excell files.

My problem is I have a idea i want to try, but need a char delimited flatfile DB with this info to try it.. excell doesnt do it for me as i can not tap into it as a db then.

Excel? DB? Look, a flatfile, is a flatfile. period. If you want to create it using XL, then simply export it is raw ascii text. If you need it delimited, export it as a .CSV to seperate fields with a comma. If you need the EOR (End of Record) delimited, a carriage return is usually used. Remember, carriage return is a character too! If you need a different EOR marker, just force in a column for it.