feeble

PHP and apache

6 posts in this topic

hay k my question is im runing Apache/1.3.31 on slack 10.0 and i ive tryed to set up serval differnt things on my server that require PHP things like foruns etc..

but none of then eva install when eva i load the *,php files in a browser say the when installing a forum i get a jumbled page and source and other carp that its sposed to be apart of the page ?

i checked my apache install and i have all the modules , and nothing i've read seams to offer any help

thanks for any help :)

if your installing some forums, your also (more than likely) going to need an SQL database. the one i would suggest is MySQL. it is free. make sure you restart apache after you install the php modules.

I beleive limbo will work without an sql database. It is based on Mambo OS and it can save to text filesinstead of database.

if you are seeing php code in your browser, then apache is not using php to interpret php files, it is sending them as if they were .txt or .html.

you need to modify your httpd.conf

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

and index.php to the default index

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php

if you have all that stuff in there, and its still wacky, do a simple php hello world to test if it is working with this

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

thanx replax i'll try that it sounds like the prob

I all ready got MySQL have bin using it for some time altho i did have a permisison prob the other day that was a pain

ok...NEVER EVER EVER save and data such as logins ect. in text files unless you know they are completely secured. One way of doing this is restricting access to the file from non local machines but if you don't antone can just go to the text file and read all the unencrypted logins. Besides sql is so much more effificent.