Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cr4X

A few questions about HackTV...

5 posts in this topic

I have a few questions about HackTV:

1) How long do you expect the shows to be?

2) How good quality would they be in?

3) How many MB do you expect them to fill?

Thanks!

1) Preparing for each show to be either .5 to 1 hours. Segment length will vary. Until I get some valid submissions, I cannot determine whether we can fill 1 hour or not. Hope to be 1 hour long, quarterly.

2) Digital quality is preferred. Resolution to be detremined, but at least 320x240.

3) I do not know exact size until I get one put together and compressed. I am predicting that 1 episode will be potentially 400-500 MB.

wow, damn 500 megs, I thought it would end up being like 50-100, but still if its only quarterly it ok, im still getting every friggin episode.

It all comes down to how much quality and at what compression. The size will vary greatly depending on which compression you use.

Yes, I am shooting for a very high quality, like everything DDP related. I envisions a lot of screen shots, lessons, examples, and walkthroughs where it will be very important to be able to read the words and symbols on the screen. Otherwise, the effect is nuetralized.

I will, of course, use the best compression to get the lowest filesize, while still maintaining this level of quality and clarity.