StankDawg

Site updates

15 posts in this topic

If you are wondering what the hell happened ot the blue and white default skin for thie forums, I changed the default to the official DDP skin. We have had this skin for quite some time, and I have been using it for at least a year. I don't think people realized that it even existed, so I made it the default choice now. Now we just need a logo and some other minor touch-up on it. I still think it is miles better than that default junk.

I also pulled a reorganization of the binrev.com main page to show the new sections of the site. The masthead graphic changed (thanks to subzer0) and now reflect some new sections like the PROJECTS sections and subsections.

NOTE: If you really want that crappy old default skin, you can change it back under "My controls" and choose SKIN and sleect one of the installed skins. Most of them are untouched templates from other sites, but this was one we updated just a little bit from the roadkill71 green template.

Enjoy! :paw:

Suggestion: With changes, how about a new 1-5 logo replacing the nuclear signs? Else me or somebody will have to modify the current ones so the white edges dont contrast with the black. But thats a minor thing :P

well, I guess I can put make binrev forum skin futher back on the list.

It scared the crap out of me at first. But, it makes it easier on the eyes going back and forth to the main binrev page.

Looks like I'm going to be the one guy who goes back to the old skin. The new colors are much too underground-looking for me to browse the site at work without drawing attention.

I've toyed with the themes quite a bit over time but I always go back to the white/blue default in the end, it's comfortable, kind of like home.

Indeed. I went back to blue. However the green was kinda cool, but I am a fan of the blue.

Well I am one of those people that actually does the green/black because it is easier on my eyes than the white/blue so I will definitely stay with the current.

back to blue for me (fonts are to small on the ddp offical for me)

I've given it a few tries now, and I say keep this one as the default.

Isn't there a black and green ddp logo that could replace logo.gif the roadkill71 logo? I know I saw one floating around here somewhere.

I've given it a few tries now, and I say keep this one as the default.

Isn't there a black and green ddp logo that could replace logo.gif the roadkill71 logo? I know I saw one floating around here somewhere.

I would love to have one, but no we dont have one yet...I suck at graphics.

you should make the january photoshop/gimp contest a new logo for the forum. just post the size that you want, and i bet tons of people will subit logo's. I know I would.

I went back to the blue/white only because the text was so much smaller on the black/green. I know I can turn up the text size, but I don't want to have to do that every time I come here.