Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myozone

UK 'engineering tests'

8 posts in this topic

In the UK if you dial 17070 from any BT phone you'll get a 'BT line test facility' then it tells you the number of the phone your using and some other tests like Ringback,Quiteline,etc

Not tested this in a while as I'm now living in FRANCE!

Dave (Englishman living in France)

PS I think the use of this number maybe logged, so best not over do it ;)

Double post of info.. whats this boards offical policly on this? Just wondering so can respect its rules..

rules? we don' need no steenking rules....

I will probably delete one of them when i get a minute or two... (like now I guess)...

yeah not having rules is pretty cool.... hopefully it will remain this way.

I remember now! I received an email from you Dave! Thanks for the email and thanks for the 1337 UK phreaking info (a recording sure would be nice *cough*nick*cough*).

...and they're still French fries to me.

Yep, next time I'm in the UK I'll record it, unless someone beats me to it of course!

And sorry to cross post, I realised I was in the 'wrong' area with the first one so posted another, I was going to delete the first, honest!

The French phone system seems pretty cool line voltages same as UK 50 volts , but the ring timing is different bit like the USA ones with a long pauses. All the public phone use phone cards (Smart) OR credit cards. The electronics magazines seem to advertise loads of smart card readers/programmers for sale could be interesting :) needs more investigating!

Dave.....

Ever wondering....