Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skywanter

A friend is having a payphone installed in her business, and wants adv

5 posts in this topic

She works in Chicago, and it will be installed in a place where most customers will be international temporary residents, if that changes anything, and beyond that, I don't know what they're looking for. Open to all suggestions, and thanks in advance!

Is it going to be used instead of being displayed for cosmetic use? (Sorry I have to ask this but I wouldn't want to confuse a future reader)

Does it need to be registered in the PUC/PSC? (In Texas, individuals have to register their payphone if it's not going to be for home use)

What type of connection will it be using (POTS, VoIP (I wouldn't), cellular etc.)

Could you clarify a bit more?

In Texas, individuals have to register their payphone if it's not going to be for home use

Even if it's set up to work as a freephone?

Regulations are different in every state, but I know in Washington they'll want you to pay some anti-drug tax as part of having the phone. Anyway, if it's a legitimate coin line you want, talk to some CLECs while you're looking around. I know some COCOTs in California will use Telepacific DMS-500 lines, and haul the line back to their CO with some sort of loop carrier. It's weird picking up a phone and getting a dialtone from a couple hundred miles away.