Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xcalibur

2600 Meetings

6 posts in this topic

I just found out that there's a 2600 group in Rochester and they meet tonight. Unfortunately, they meet at a place that's a bit of a drive for me and I was more or less planning on taking it easy tonight.

Are those meetings worth going to? What's generally discussed? Anyone here from that exact group [i ask because their website links to Irongeek and Binrev, so I figure they'd be forum members] ?

At our 2600 meetings, we just fuck around on our mall's network and eat tacos. ^_^

The meetings in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area are usually pretty interesting. Everybody has their own niche of expertise, or several. There's always interesting discussion to be had and cool gadgets to explore.

Meetings are different from city to city -- which makes it fun to go to meetings in other cities while traveling. Great way to make new friends.

In the bigger picture, a meeting is what you make it. It's only by people actually showing up and talking to other people that it happens.

Yeah, there's a lot of variation, really depends on who's running the damn thing hah :]

LA2600 is pretty mellow, just sit around at Philipes and eat some good food, the listen to the talk and mess around.

Pretty cool, missed the last one though :/