SUB-S0NIX

Privacy

8 posts in this topic

Hows it going everyone, I havn't been on the forum in a while and decided to make a thread for the hell of it. Any ways Id like to talk about a topic we all deal with, not just hackers. Big Brother and its ongoing threat of privacy invasion. We all deal with it, whether the some of the sheeple know it or not. The idea Im going to introduce could be consider criminal because it could potentially be used by a theif. Any ways cameras are one of my main concerns. There are many different types of cameras that are being used in stores, streets, and cities. Most of the older ones being CCD based. Most CCD based camera can be avoided with the use of a laser or better yet a high intensity LCD light. Imagine if one was wearing a jacket lined with rows of LCDs. A camera operator or monitor would not be able to see who the person was wearing the jacket. Like I said, such a thing could be used in a bad way, but if you ever feel like exercising your right to privacy test my suggestion out. Any ways I just wanted to start a open discussion on ways to 'fight back against big brother' and hopefully read about some other ideas that some of you may have?

Edited by SUB-S0NIX

Ever since the NSA started their eavesdropping, I've been encrypting a lot of my e-mail and files that I send/upload. I don't think they're watching me, but if they are, why not make them actually work to get my files?

I think they can break most encryption algorithms, but I use AES anyway.

Ever since the NSA started their eavesdropping, I've been encrypting a lot of my e-mail and files that I send/upload. I don't think they're watching me, but if they are, why not make them actually work to get my files?

I think they can break most encryption algorithms, but I use AES anyway.

Thats cool. Most people wouldn't care or even bother. If we know the government is monitoring us, we should atleast make them work a little and show them we know whats up.

Aside from the jacket idea, ne'ers-do-well already employ lasers and lights to thwart cameras. However, having these in stores and public places such as malls is hardly an invasion of privacy, having a government camera in your home is. Cameras are deployed in public places for the general peace of the public and to aid the government in many ways. If you really think by them placing a camera in a well trafficked area to help cut down on crime and things of that nature is an invasion of privacy, please stay in your home for the rest of your life. Companies placing cameras in stores is for their benefit, not your's. They're using cameras to control theft and to make sure employees are doing what they're paid to do: their job. People make a bigger deal over cameras than is warranted (unless you live in England then it's well warranted).

These days, no one has any real privacy any more, it's a downside of being technologically advanced. If we can employ covert methods of privatizing our lives, the government can do it just as easily to invade our lives without us noticing. If you want a private life, you've got to go to some extreme lengths to get it. If you want to keep communications secure, you've got to either invent your own encryption schemes or invent entirely new languages to converse in. Even then, if it's accepted enough, the government will figure it out anyway. This singular method will encompass every portion of your life since humans cannot communicate effectively by any other means than language of some sorts.

If you don't want them watching you when you go out in public, never leave your house. Order everything you need online and have it delivered to a drop box then have someone pick it up for you. Of course, the internet is a very open means of communication and again is traceable back to you. If you're on their radar, you're screwed anyways.

Knowing that we really do have no privacy is the point of using such things as a jacket with intense LEDs, in this day and age we have to fight for our privacy, which is a shame.

Edited by SUB-S0NIX

Personally, I don't mind if the government is snooping - I don't want companies doing it! (like Google, ad-bots, things like that)

Knowing that we really do have no privacy is the point of using such things as a jacket with intense LEDs, in this day and age we have to fight for our privacy, which is a shame.

But privacy is not a right given by a government document so they can violate it all they want. Wearing a jacket full of LEDs is going to make you look mighty suspicious so by trying to "protect" your privacy, you end up forfeiting it much faster than just being normal since you'll be raising red flags.

If you really think by them placing a camera in a well trafficked area to help cut down on crime and things of that nature is an invasion of privacy, please stay in your home for the rest of your life

A camera isn't going to prevent a crime from being commited.