Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dosman

Hackers on A Plane (HoAP)

13 posts in this topic

The price came down to $1337. This gets you into DEFCON as well as a chartered flight to the Chaos Computer Camp site in Berlin immediately following that. I'm making serious considerations to going but I can't go unless enough people do it too and this gets off the ground. They are asking for at least $680 down by June 15th to verify you will be going.

What the Hacker Foundation is providing:

* Admission to DefCon

* Airfare from Las Vegas to Frankfurt

* Special charter flight from Frankfurt to Finow Airport, the location of the CCC2007

* Admission and Accommodations at CCC2007

* Open-ended return flight from Berlin to Major US Cities (pick when you want to come back!)

What you still need to account for:

* Transportation to DefCon

* Lodging at DefCon

* Food

HoAP Wiki:

http://www.hackerfoundation.org/wiki/index...kers_on_a_Plane

Other info:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/03/24/...hitehats_1.html

I've never been to DEFCON or a CCC event so this will be a whirlwind of a week. Mailing list for updates: info[@]hackerfoundation.org

-dosman

wow, prices have dropped down that much? That's a fucking steal!

If only had a 1337 job to have $1337 money.

man if only i had the vaction time to go to both conferences :( maybe next year

screw that for that kind of money i could build a quad-core desktop or when it bcomes avalable the Octi-core.

even better s sick an tripped out laptop.

screw that for that kind of money i could build a quad-core desktop or when it bcomes avalable the Octi-core.

Pft, I've got a 4-way quad-core POWER5 (16 cpu's) at work going completely unused, I can turn out seti@home numbers like you wouldn't believe.

And for those that may not be aware the CCC puts on other events also but the Chaos Computer Camp only happens every 4 years.

I'd totally go if I could spare the time/money.

I'm already gone during that period doing some mandatory geological fieldwork.

That'll be a fun trip. Hope to see some new videos from you soon.

Pft, I've got a 4-way quad-core POWER5 (16 cpu's) at work going completely unused, I can turn out seti@home numbers like you wouldn't believe.

And for those that may not be aware the CCC puts on other events also but the Chaos Computer Camp only happens every 4 years.

well I heard from a reliable scorce that one of his buddies in chandler is beta testing a quad-core laptop.

true, you could. however, speaking from experience, nothing compares to the experience of going to a good convention. Every con I have been to has taught me more things than I've ever been able to learn online, and I've made good friends. Sure, I could've spent that money on buying some fancy hardware (or paying off loans, which is really needed), but the con experience is worth 10 times what any piece of hardware can give you. Don't underestimate it.

also, i thought i'd double post to admit that the true reason I'm not paying for this HoAP. Unfortunately, they don't let me on planez because they know I got snakes and shit. I'm like BOOM MOTHERFUCKER!

ok, ok, i'm sorry for that....

[Offtopic] I turned 18 on April 4th, so here's my new avatar.

[Ontopic]

nice...