Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleeber

Free Blackberry!

25 posts in this topic

Hey all,

For those that haven't viewed the thread in UE (http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29983), I recently did some dumpster diving and ran across 21 working Blackberry devices. After giving some to friends and keeping a couple, I have 4 left. I received about 10 requests for them here on BR so I decided that the only way to give them away free would be to create a little challenge.

I will be posting the link to the challenge in this thread tomorrow around 9:00pm EDT. Shouldn't take many of you long to solve at all. It will be two steps testing the most basic of skills so most everyone here will be able to participate. After it is over, I will post the directions of how to complete these two challenges to help those that don't know. Again, it is very basic so this probably will not be necessary.

There are a few more details in the other thread of what to expect from the challenges and the details of the blackberrys.

Have fun!

How basic is most basic? :P I'm sure I'll find some way to get stuck. Also are you paying P&P and everything? Becuase there's no point me taking part otherwise coz I live in UK and am too skint to pay shipping :P

Good idea though!

Sorry, as specified in the other post and on the site itself (once you get there) You will have to pay the shipping costs.

I noticed you are in 727, as I am in 813 maybe we could share some info about some good places to dive?

Maybe I could pick up the blackberry instead of paying for shipping, Idk just throwing some thoughts out there.

<!--

Instead of just giving you the password like normal you will have to figure it out.

The password is the md5 sum for the string: blackberry

-->

Its not

Edited by DeadlyBSD

Please don't give spoilers, and I can assure you that it is.

<!--

Instead of just giving you the password like normal you will have to figure it out.

The password is the md5 sum for the string: blackberry

-->

Its not

Uh.. Try again is all I can say.

Its not.

Md5sum of "blackberry" is 4ef3da1974bb283dbd5f702b82193adc. This doesn't work.

Edited by DeadlyBSD

This is easy.

It is a crypt(3) (?) hash.

I would get the blackberry but, I don't want it.

I don't feel like editing some source to make a app run on OS X.

Its not.

I don't feel like checking it.. But others have tried and it worked. WTF Zal? Spoilers..

Its not.

I don't feel like checking it.. But others have tried and it worked. WTF Zal? Spoilers..

Must have turned it off then, because it doesnt work

Edited by DeadlyBSD

I just found the cleartext of the hash. Hope I'm the first or at least one of the first four.

I just found the cleartext of the hash. Hope I'm the first or at least one of the first four.

ahhh.. i need a cluster. :lol:

what kid of black berry models did you find? ar thbey gsm or cdma?

if they are gsm are they unlocked? arethey 7100's 7250"s 72 90"s 7100"s 8100 8700s or beter the 8800seies?

I have 3 winners so far.

This is not spam. I could care less if anyone tries this. I just did it as a fair way to give away four of these blackberries.

I do know it was working as quite a few people made it to the second part. For those that care, the apache access log for this domain is symlinked to /dev/null for the duration of this challenge.

I have contacted the winners thus far. There is still one blackberry available.

Bleeber

DeadlyBSD - I sent you a PM. I know how you got your answer and I sent you the relevant info from the man page that explains what the problem was.

Still one left.

I have the fourth winner. Thanks for playing. The winners have all been contacted and I will get these shipped out as soon as possible.

Its not.

the md5 sum of a file with the word blackberry in it is indeed 4ef3da1974bb283dbd5f702b82193adc.

however, the challenge specifically stated that I was looking for the sum of the string blackberry.

[ bleeber@powerbook ] bleeber $ md5 -s blackberry
MD5 ("blackberry") = 93cc6cbb70752e9baeb3962a22826787

Fucking spam.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

I have the fourth winner. Thanks for playing. The winners have all been contacted and I will get these shipped out as soon as possible.

Man, I went to sleep right before the hash cracked. Lame. =(

Its not.

Fucking spam.

lmao.

Bleeber, I started cracking it too, and then decided I wanted to watch Jericho on the PC when it finished through 5 characters (since you already have your winners it isn't a spoiler). I didn't want a Blackberry more than I wanted wanted the show, I already have a hate / hate relationship with the one work assigns me. The device is good. really good. It's just a pain in the ass for me every time it receives. Cool thing to do though man. People should keep in mind you didn't have to give any of these away. I would have ebayed them myself. Kudos.

well if anybod has any questoins on black berrys an how to utilzesom of the programs you can ask me.

hers a helpful site too> www.blackberryforums.com