Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
invision620

lcd monitor shot with airsoft gun

12 posts in this topic

well...theres a circle from the broken glass inside [i think theres glass inside] some white space, a black dot in the middle, and red dead pixels inside. can it be fixed? im pissed the fuck offfff right now i love this monitor so much :(

Only if by fixed you mean replaced...they're toasted if you crack them. I recommend not disassembling it if you don't know what the innards of an LCD do, as the backlight is usually lit by a high-voltage lamp, which can give an excellent shock.

Why was the LCD being shot with an airsoft gun in the first place?

Only if by fixed you mean replaced...they're toasted if you crack them. I recommend not disassembling it if you don't know what the innards of an LCD do, as the backlight is usually lit by a high-voltage lamp, which can give an excellent shock.

Why was the LCD being shot with an airsoft gun in the first place?

oddly, this is the second case of this i have heard in the last week... gotta love working in IT ;)

lol. I got a big flat pannel lcd/tft monitor for christmas about 2 years ago and my mom left it in her car over night and it went to like 0 deg. f. so it froze inside. The liquid crystals freeze at like -20 made no sence to me. althought i thought it was funny untill i found out it was going to be my gift lol.

Since the LCD panel itself is the most expensive part, it's probably not fixable in the sense that it isn't worth the time and money to fix it. You could certainly change the panel if you could find a replacement though. That doesn't sound that difficult.

Since the LCD panel itself is the most expensive part, it's probably not fixable in the sense that it isn't worth the time and money to fix it. You could certainly change the panel if you could find a replacement though. That doesn't sound that difficult.

on the bright side, I'm sure you got some satisfaction at the sheer destruction. Since we've established that the monitor is officially DOA, you could really go to town on it with the gun and take pictures for our benifit. Otherwise, I'm actually quite sorry about the hardware getting toasted. Assuming you shot it yourself, I've probably hit so many lcd screens that the glass shards are a permanent fixture in my knuckles. :ninja:

i almost hit my lcd with an airsoft gun a couple days ago. hah weird eh?

I think we should start a whole thread of pictures of just decimated boxes and hardware. just for the aggro metal head in all of us. :rock:

I think we should start a whole thread of pictures of just decimated boxes and hardware. just for the aggro metal head in all of us. :rock:

I second that! I'll start smashing up some old hardware!

Have you seen what happens to a floppy drive when you insert a floppy disk that has nail polish on the data storage area? Nice!

I second that! I'll start smashing up some old hardware!

Have you seen what happens to a floppy drive when you insert a floppy disk that has nail polish on the data storage area? Nice!

Before the nail varnish dries...put the powder from a match head onto it.

I read that in the anarchists cookbook I think...

While that will work just feel I must say the Anarchist CookBook is full of bullshit and mis information, I am curios as to why you shot it with a airsoft gun in the first place!!

While that will work just feel I must say the Anarchist CookBook is full of bullshit and mis information

Quite so...I was all of 14 when I found it :P