Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lexxx

Nokia 6100 question/info

9 posts in this topic

Not strictly speaking phreaking, but maybe phone hacking?....anyway, I just cant cant get rid of the fucking operator's title ('Vodafone'), and tone profile ('Outdoor'), from being displayed and ruining my new wallpaper. I have tried everything, on every part of the phone menu itself to using the associated software on my pc. Nothing works. Any help please..

Not strictly speaking phreaking, but maybe phone hacking?....anyway, I just cant cant get rid of the fucking operator's title ('Vodafone'), and tone profile ('Outdoor'), from being displayed and ruining my new wallpaper. I have tried everything, on every part of the phone menu itself to using the associated software on my pc. Nothing works. Any help please..

To get rid of the operator name, send a blank operator logo to the phone. some SMS services do this, and LogoManager can. I don't think you can get rid of the tone profile, other than putting the outdoor settings in the general profile and using that.

Thats a good idea, never thought of that. I will try Logomanager. Thanks. I have the associated Nokia phone software installed on my pc but dont think it is working properly, I feel it should let me access more areas than it does, doesnt let me in applications only pictures via the pc..

hi lexxx, I have a Nokia 6101 and after reading your post I did some exploration on my phone and found some interesting stuff.

Okay, so it's not really that interesting but, at least I can help you with your ringing profile name issue.

To rename a Ring Profile: goto

Menu - Settings - Profiles - Outdoor (or select whatever profile you want to rename) - Personalize - Scroll all the way down to "Profile Name" and poof you can change it to whatever you want***

Okay, so at first I tried just erasing all of the text; so that {obviously} no text would show on the screen.

Instead of just being blank, nokia made it that a blank profile automatically renames itself to "My Style 1"

Damn, foiled.

Not to worry though, the work around is simple.

After deleting the text "outdoor" insert a line break (or return carriage for you old schoolers)

You can insert this invisible symbol by hitting the * key (which pulls up all of the special characters) and selecting the very last symbol. If you don't know, the symbol is the same as the arrow on the 'Enter' key on your computer's keyboard.

After doing that, just go back to Profiles and activate the profile with no name.

Poof no more ring profile on your wallpaper.

Hope that helps, good look with LogoManager.

hi lexxx, I have a Nokia 6101 and after reading your post I did some exploration on my phone and found some interesting stuff.

Okay, so it's not really that interesting but, at least I can help you with your ringing profile name issue.

To rename a Ring Profile: goto

Menu - Settings - Profiles - Outdoor (or select whatever profile you want to rename) - Personalize - Scroll all the way down to "Profile Name" and poof you can change it to whatever you want***

Okay, so at first I tried just erasing all of the text; so that {obviously} no text would show on the screen.

Instead of just being blank, nokia made it that a blank profile automatically renames itself to "My Style 1"

Damn, foiled.

Not to worry though, the work around is simple.

After deleting the text "outdoor" insert a line break (or return carriage for you old schoolers)

You can insert this invisible symbol by hitting the * key (which pulls up all of the special characters) and selecting the very last symbol. If you don't know, the symbol is the same as the arrow on the 'Enter' key on your computer's keyboard.

After doing that, just go back to Profiles and activate the profile with no name.

Poof no more ring profile on your wallpaper.

Hope that helps, good look with LogoManager.

yooo, germ, from 409???

xGERMx - Sir, you are a genius. Success! No more annoying logo, and I thought I'd tried everything..

All I need now is to get rid of the vodafone symbol..

Btw I was reading an old tutorial on accessing the nam menu on Nokia phones from about 2000, which supposedly covered current models (my 6100 must have been current then) but it didnt work. It went something like *3001#12345*. I will dig it out again and verify later..

Edited by lexxx

:voteyes: :voteyes:

If you wanna go back to layer 1, you can remove the logos on the physical phone itself by using a Mr.Clean Magic eraser.

:poof: a pristine, unbranded phone.

xGERMx - Sir, you are a genius. Success! No more annoying logo, and I thought I'd tried everything..

All I need now is to get rid of the vodafone symbol..

Btw I was reading an old tutorial on accessing the nam menu on Nokia phones from about 2000, which supposedly covered current models (my 6100 must have been current then) but it didnt work. It went something like *3001#12345*. I will dig it out again and verify later..

The NAM thing is for CDMA (and TDMA?) phones. You have a GSM phone, and Vodafone (UK?) operates GSM networks only (not counting networks where they may have only a slight interest in, like part ownership of Verizon Wireless)

If you have a DCT3 phone, you can enable netmonitor, also with logomanager and a suitable data cable. This gives you some information on the network you're connected to.

If you have a DCT4 phone that isn't a series 60 phone, you are stuffed.

If you have a series 60 phone you can find the field test app (or CellTrack which displays cell info only):

FEscr(001).jpgFEscr(002).jpgFEscr(003).jpgFEscr(004).jpgFEscr(005).jpgFEscr(006).jpg

For series 80 phones, there is GSMMon:

gsmmon.PNG

Edited by mo0

Wow. Just seen this as havent logged on for a few days but I will be exploring this, thanks. You are right I do mean vodafone UK. I guess the file I read that i referred to was from the US