Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R3c0n

QUALITY hacking/carding/security/exploit/consumer security/infosec etc

14 posts in this topic

hacking/carding/security/exploit/consumer security/infosec etc. (Main Topic List)

Anyone know of any great IRC channels to hang out that discuss the aforementioned topics ? I am talking about real smart/knowledgable people talking about issues/those topics.

Currently, the only ones I have been to is #2600 and #hack

Id appreciate some good solid channels for this type of information. (if you dont want to post, feel free to PM)

Thanks guyd :=)

irc://irc.binrev.net:6667/binrev (#binrev) for all yo hacking needs.

I am also taking part in some more blackhat oriented ones, as it is wise to know two sides of one story. :borg:

Edited by TrippinX

Everything that you mentioned (except for carding :nono:) is on teh binrev IRC server. We have created persistant channels for #security #code #phreaking and others upcoming as demand warrants. #binrev is the general chat channel, but you will certainly find 40+ people there every day.

In general, we are trying to get the IRC network reorganized and better structured to allow for greater flexibility and a wider variety of topics. Earlier today, as a matter of fact, we even discussed a new #crypto or #thecrypt channel which would be only for encrypted chat sessions so no one would know WTF you were talking about (I think this idea was from colonel_panick IIRC). I hope that people wouldn't use it illegally, but I certainly think it is valid to have private conversations sometimes (such as transferring accounts/passwords, phone numbers, or other sensitive or personal information) backed by encryption.

I dont know whether you will consider that "QUALITY" in all caps like you used, but there may be one or two people there who are knowledgeable. ;)

Unfortunately for me, pocket irc only supports one server at a time, so on nights when I can go on IRC (not that often), I have to pick between 2600 and binrev, but both are definitely good.

Binrev IRC is the only IRC that I still consistently learn from.

TRU.DAT :borg: They have taught us well.

Not to seem like a smartass, but the highest quality ones are the ones you think of yourself.

When did #2600 become a "quality" server? :S

Everything that you mentioned (except for carding :nono:) is on teh binrev IRC server. We have created persistant channels for #security #code #phreaking and others upcoming as demand warrants. #binrev is the general chat channel, but you will certainly find 40+ people there every day.

In general, we are trying to get the IRC network reorganized and better structured to allow for greater flexibility and a wider variety of topics. Earlier today, as a matter of fact, we even discussed a new #crypto or #thecrypt channel which would be only for encrypted chat sessions so no one would know WTF you were talking about (I think this idea was from colonel_panick IIRC). I hope that people wouldn't use it illegally, but I certainly think it is valid to have private conversations sometimes (such as transferring accounts/passwords, phone numbers, or other sensitive or personal information) backed by encryption.

I dont know whether you will consider that "QUALITY" in all caps like you used, but there may be one or two people there who are knowledgeable. ;)

I use a script that makes use of blowfish.dll in magical ways I do not understand and from how me and friends use it wouldnt it just be easier to /query someone for privacy without running the risk of someone idling in the channel cracking your crypto voodoo?

Sorry for getting off topic :(

I use a script that makes use of blowfish.dll in magical ways I do not understand and from how me and friends use it wouldnt it just be easier to /query someone for privacy without running the risk of someone idling in the channel cracking your crypto voodoo?

Sorry for getting off topic :(

Last night it seemed like the idea was more about a cryptography channel, rather than discussing super-secret stuff that can't be compromised.

There are some knowledgable people at www.pulltheplug.org

irc.us.pulltheplug.org irc.eu.pulltheplug.org

i dont like the 2600 irc at all... way too...cruel, haha. :cry:

What is carding btw? Is it card number generators & validating etc?

Cuz I know you guys wouldn't be talking about textiles :roll:

The problem with most online communities are their tendency to not have any paitence for the younger croud. I dont believe its necesarily a question of whether or not you are noob friendly. A more immature audience will talk more on IRC and might say things that reveal their knowledge base or level of maturity.

I have to say I dont hang out at all in the 2600 irc but my advice would be the same for anyone wanting to get security help in irc; research your question as much as possible before asking.

1. It shows you care about solving the problem in your head.

2. You will have enough knowledge about whatever your asking that it wont be a chore educating you.

3. You will UNDERSTAND the answeres given to you.

NEVER RETALIATE!! (sp)

Even if someone is bent on being a dick to someone looking for help just dont converse with that person. Take everything with a grain of salt. If no one feels like helping you, tough shit. Hang around, show your face in the channel some. People will warm up to you eventually.

retaliation is retarded and doesnt help anyone solve anything.