Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRaven

Trouble w/ Torrents

5 posts in this topic

i have a dell inspiron 6000/xps. the reason there is a slash there is because my laptop was specialy made. Part of it has ins 6000 components and part xps. Kind of like a half-and-half deal.

recently i download bitcomet.

it wont work on my pc. It installs correctly and also loads right. But when i download a file it just says connecting and never works.....i've tryed everything.

suggestions anyone :help:

The torrent you are using is dead? Some torrents have nobody hosting the files they point to. They end up just trying to connect, but can't. Try a different torrent. If you just want to make sure it works then maybe check out http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ for fedora core 5 via torrents. These definatly work. If you have problems with them, try reinstalling bittorrent, or try another client.

do you have a router? You might have to forward the correct ports to your computer.

If you're using Windows, try Azureus (torrent client)...it has a port tester to see what may be blocking it if it is not a dead torrent. Some client applications will allow you to change the incoming listen port from within the application if your router/firewall is blocking the default port (I think it's port 65535).

Azureus Link