Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DigitalCappuccino

DONT Fuck With University Computers

23 posts in this topic

My buddy is getting kicked out of university for fucking with the school's server and deleting crucial files for "fun" :glare: :glare: His parents are so mad that they refused to take him back in so it is likely he will be homeless unless he can land a decent job real quick. He is soooooo :cuss: ed up right now and I dont even know what tell him - the university is kicking him out onto the street this Friday January 27, 2006 and I told him that I might leave with him (I kinda serious about this) ... We have enough money saved to get an apartment, buy food, and attend community college ... but we're not quite sure where to go from there :wacko:

Well, for one; it's his own damn fault for fucking with school computers.

Secondly, you're going to ruin your chances at a better education because your friend fucked up? You should seriously think about this before reacting. Depending on how close a friend he is I would say let him feel the wrath he brought upon himself.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Booter

He has been one of my best friends since 5th grade and we used to write our own scripts back in 4th grade in our Elementary School's comuter lab! ... Fuck, he's the one that helped me get into university ... i.e. he's been through times with me for a long time ... and now ... :glare: ...

Your friend broke rule 1 -he got caught.

I will say nothing else.

The mistake is made and done.

He now has to deal with what he's going to do.

Right now, he's a dead fish in the water without an education.

He'll likely have a tough time getting into a university given what happened.

But he could go into college, get an education in computing there (assuming that's what he was in).

Heck over here, a (good, non-devry) college degree in computing is better than a uni degree.

Person 1: "I wonder what would happen if I were to destroy a university computer."

Person 2: "Probably something bad."

Person 1 does it anyway.

Person 2: "I told you so."

Edited by 3d

Yeah, this happens alot. I went to a camp at University of Texas in Arlington and the computer science professor told us about one of the computer science majors hacking into the school computers... but he got arrested. I think he stole SSN's though

BTW: If he gets an apartment, do any of you know any work-from-home-online sites that are legit and pay decent ie $2500+ a month (yeah this is a bit off but it fits with the original topic I posted) ... I know another friend who makes that much doing online surveys at paidsurveys.com ... cool sh*t B)

Hey man, if you live in the area (UTA area) I'm around. I live right near Lake Arlington.

My friend's dad owns and operates an advertising company out of his home.

You could try that if your'e any good with it.

You are actually considering leaving school for something someone else did? Wow....

Whatever, more jobs for me. :P

Well like the saying goes ..... Laugh now---- cry Later!

Its Later already damnit!

I think you guys need to get your own thing going that is independent of the Uni

and working for anyone else.

what might that be?

Well what are you good at other then causing problems for the system?

I don't mean that as a flame

People seem to think that school and working for someone is the only way they can survive.

Thanks for being there :)

you can still stay in touch with him if you're in school. he can hold out with an online job for a while. i donno maybe something like studiotraffic.com or something. you can finish school, get a good job, then move in with him. well thats just a suggestion from a complete stranger. do whatever!

On second thought, I probably will stay in university ... but could you recomend a better online work-from-home-site that legitametly anyone knows will pay a decent wage, besides, I could also use it to make some extra $2500+ income a month ... not bad for a college student B)

The mistake is made and done.

He now has to deal with what he's going to do.

Right now, he's a dead fish in the water without an education.

He'll likely have a tough time getting into a university given what happened.

But he could go into college, get an education in computing there (assuming that's what he was in).

Heck over here, a (good, non-devry) college degree in computing is better than a uni degree.

What's wrong with devry?

And no suprise that your friend got in trouble. He deleted shit for no reason. Maybe if he left stuff intact he would have just gotten his room's access cut.

If I were you i would stay in school. Trust me i know how these things go. As for your friend he is pretty much screwed. Any college that isnt an open admission college is gonna reject him flat out when they hear why he got kicked out. I got kicked out of my last college for something i didnt even do and now the only college I can even attend is the local community college and even then my "privleges" are suspended.

your friend fucked up bad this time. He will be paying for this for years to come.

What are motivations for leaving with him anyway? Loyalty? I think that might be a misplaced motivation. Unless your leaving for your own reasons then really where would you be better suited to help out your friend? Struggling along side him or remaining supportive while pursuing a position that could escelate yourself above the struggle. By leaving your creating twice the amount of obstacles and forfeiting your opportunity to be in a position to actually help. Ultimately I would probably decide to concentrate on making positive decisions for myself. Take some time with your decision since there seems to me there is a strong possiblity of regret. You can always join him later.

(try not to pick on my spelling huh?)

My buddy is getting kicked out of university for fucking with the school's server and deleting crucial files for "fun"  :glare:  :glare:  His parents are so mad that they refused to take him back in so it is likely he will be homeless unless he can land a decent job real quick. He is soooooo  :cuss: ed up right now and I dont even know what tell him - the university is kicking him out onto the street this Friday January 27, 2006 and I told him that I might leave with him (I kinda serious about this) ... We have enough money saved to get an apartment, buy food, and attend community college ... but we're not quite sure where to go from there  :wacko:

pwn'ed

if you really want to help your friend, stay in school and earn enough for the both of you.

Heh. Studio Traffic is sort of neat, might not be bad to spam out friends getting some gullible people to put in 1,000$ or so until you reach around 1500$ and appearently you could make a decent amount. And no money initially invested incase they completely drop off the face of the earth. :-)

kicked out of university for fucking with the school's server and deleting crucial files for "fun"

heh, Rule Number 2: Never cause destruction

ok, enough of the rules, heh, he is how old? and he wasn't thinking apperently, delelte a freaking crucial file that is heavily used/relied on is just asking for trouble. you dont think they will notice it and investigate right away? heh. well what is done is done

If he was looking for a career in computer networking or security, he is screwed. I have to agree with pursuing a great education instead of a good one ,and after graduation it should be very easy to pursue a career. I know how it is to have friends screw themselves over just dust your self off and move on with your life. Im not saying kill your ties to that friend, but be reasonable and think about your future.

Crap... My bro just did what your doing or thinking about not doing... Followed his room mate into the hole. Then his room mate joined the Marines and left him LOL so always know ppl do what they have to do. And as far as jack'n around with School Systems, I think the key in anything like that is "DO NO HARM" or at least do it from a public so it can't be trailed back to you... Personaly I think libraries are a great place when you get to know the ppl that work there :D