RandInt

Taking apart a laptop for parts...

6 posts in this topic

I have a semi old dell /edit/laptop/edit/ here and it is just sitting beind me being broken. I have voided the warranty already by trying to put in a new hard disk but it only worked for 3 months then it broke again.

Now I sit here wondering how to open it up and get on the inside. Anyone have any ideas on where to begin with it?

Oh and by the way I am new here, I go by RandInt; found site on google and I can't stop listening to binrev and rfa. one more thing any other radio shows that are any good?

--Random Interger

Edited by RandInt

Yeah, there are usually screws holding the top and bottom halves of the shell together. Some are hidden under the rubber "feet" on the bottom many times. Be super careful taking off the keyboard, there is a ribbon holding it on there you don't want to break. The mainboard probably has the most value on ebay, after that, the LCD. Since you don't have to worry about putting it back together, just be careful and you'll be OK.

Ah. That's not too old. Too bad it doesn't work. Dells are either fantastic and last eons, or they go to shit before you can blink. I've got an 8000 still plugging away and a 7-year old 3200 I'm going to fix up soon.

Anyway, re: good shows other than binrev... Check out T.W.A.T.. It's a daily hardcore tech show that totally roX0rs. And welcome to binrev forums, from one new guy to another.

Edited by mad_jimi_simi