• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:35 PM

today i was at a local store and a ameritech lineman came up to my car and was like wow nice car... so i decide i would ask him a bunch of questions. Anyway i told him i was in a college tech class and has to do a report on how something works. I told the lineman that i choose the telephone. He them told me that he could possible get me a tour of my local C.O. well i'm hope the dude will keep his word and hook me up.

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 12:23 AM

I hope you get the tour. I've had three telco employees say they'll give me a tour and none of them came through.

#3 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 12:37 AM

take a camera with you and snap off shots of interestin stuff.. take all the free docs you can, Im sure they have something they can spare if you ask for your school work ;)

#4 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 05:09 AM

yeah... hopefully he will be cool ..... (crosses fingers)

if not i'm going to call my local C.O. and ask i'm sure i can atlease get something out of it.

#5 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:26 PM

After all he did promise.. and it would be a shame if your phone compony was not a compon you could trust.. heheheh, pull the "good personal and comunity relations" string on the CO.. the managers love to feel important, and with your social engineering skills being on par with mine Im sure you can do it (that was a complement btw, for all of you that dont know that icon and I have known each other for years).

#6 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 06:35 AM

well i still have'nt got my tour yet... i'm going to toss on them hobo's!!!

ameritech needs some :help:

#7 Psych0killer

Psych0killer

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 04:50 PM

let's muscle them into giving ic0n the tour!!

*puts on mask*
*grabs manager's dog*
*calls in ransom*

yo serious that'd be tight, go after it.

#8 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:11 PM

yeah a buddy of mine (xenocide) He was lucky and got to go on a tour of his local C.O. they even let him take some pictures. If you would like to check them out go to this link

MYTC

I'm going to call them and hopefully they will be like oh yeah we have been waiting for you... Witch reminds me that i need to find my digital camera.

#9 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:32 PM

hack them bitches up bro!

#10 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:02 AM

I'm going to have to beat some lineman... after i beat them i'm going to steal there van and Work ID so i can go on my own little tour.... that would be fun... Oh if you want to get some lineman looking at you funny drive by them with your windows down playing Red box tones.... My buddy DR (deadringer) <i think> had like a little pa system on his car. pretty much it was a horn/speaker that was on the outside of his car. He would hook up his mp3 player and play tones and other crazy jive.

#11 BriskAttivo

BriskAttivo

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:39 PM

I've been promised Central Office tours by a few techs I've met before, but all of them were a bust. Surprisinlgy, however, I have still been on a tour of a CO before. It had nothing to do with who I knew, just my own determination. You would not believe how easy it was. It was a CLEC. Anyway, I just went in and said I was studying telecommunications and I was interested in a tour. And the owner came out and he actually seemed pretty enthusiastic to go on a tour, because he hadn't given one in a while. At first he tried to explain everything really simple like, and then I showed him that I knew what he was talking about. So we started talking about more complex subjects. I remember especially when he opened up the side panels of the DMS 100. That thing was ugly! Orange and brown. Very interesting though. I also remember the manuals were enormous. You could use them for furniture. Actually you can just read about it all here if you want: Brisk's Journey I wrote that up shortly after I went. It's un-edited, so ignore any grammatical errors.

Yeah, I'd agree with what Xenocide said on MYTC on this: CO TOURS Go through the CO manager if you can. You can even call the business office and try and get the CO Manager's name and number if you want. I tried to get one of the AT&T/RBOC central office downtown, here but the CO manager called me back saying I couldn't come because of "security issues." This might have had something to do with my war-dialing the entire local internal exchange the night before he called... That was stupid of me. Don't do that. I got a call from Qwest Corporate Security that night. Interesting. Nothing happened though, because I basically just told the guy to piss off and that was that. Pushover.

Good luck with your tour, and be certain to post details if it works out.

-Brisk Attivo

#12 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:21 PM

I've never had the cojones to directly approach any telco techs. I just try to sneak a quick glimse or 2 into the telco cans while they have 'em open, or try sneaking a quick peek into their vans while their parked without the guy sitting in them to see what goodies they have inside. Sure wish I could go down one of those manholes with them to get a glimse of the telco equipment down there. But, then again, I'm all out of alligator repellent right now. Heh, heh.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!