Photo
- - - - -

rtfm means read the fuckin manual NOT...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 decifer

decifer

mad 1337

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 11:48 PM

after 4 tries i finally got alsa working and it took 3 tried of doing the same thing to realize i forgot one stupid line because i jsut skimmed the install instructions.... so for anyone who is having trouble installing alsa... 1) make sure u dont have any other sound modules (oss) currently installed a.k.a. dont jsut modprobe restart the fuckin machine to make sure u get rid of everything and coment out anyithing in rc.modules to do with sound. 2) THIS IS HUGE modprobe soundcore all i had to do was that then restart and boom is works.... grrrr so much wasted time on stupidity.

btw alsa kicks ass... better sound quality than windows :D

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 03:25 PM

alsa does rock, hey its free!!!!!!

#3 decifer

decifer

mad 1337

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:52 PM

took me a bit to figure out which thing int e mixer would get my rear speakers working but i am so satisfied with alsa... its better than windows! well i think... it sounds alot cleaner and crisper....

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:35 PM

I have a pair of shitty 8 year old speakers but they still sound ok......well for a pair of 8 year old speakers.....
but I'll hopefully upgrade to a 2.1 system in the next cuple o months, I dont want the hassle of configurin a new 5.1 system + a new soundcard.....

#5 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 12:43 AM

ya, always remember that sound is muted by default to protect hardware and peoples ears.. as well to mess with the minds of the ignorant, after all the people who code this great stuff then give it to the world free have to have some way to have fun ;)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!