• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 10:31 PM

I just installed mplayer for linux, and it is awesome. the thing is I can listen to my wma ripped tracks with mplayer, but I want to do it in xmms, is there any way I can get xmms to find the codec, cause when I try to play a wma file in xmms, it just doesn't play, because (i think) it can't find the codec, but there is one since mplayer is using it.....thanks in advance guys.

#2 JHVH-1

JHVH-1

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:47 AM

http://www.xmms.org/..._input.html#122 this plugin should do the trick.

I didn't know people actually used wma for music, I thought it was just a myth. My mp3 CD player plays wma tracks and I thought that was silly because I didn't know anyone who would actually use wma files. (But then again I talk to a lot of linuxheads)

#3 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 01:32 PM

i was thinking the same thing...why not MP3?

#4 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 01:53 PM

Because people stream music in wma still :( And as far as encoding in wma its smaller than mp3, and cometimes people just accept the default that comes with thier OS

#5 kondor

kondor

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:25 PM

isnt it smaller and has worse quality, use ogg. Although I know nothing when it comes to mulitmedia stuff.

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 03:25 PM

I actually did all the ripping when I bought my xp computer, and just used the default, then I was too lazy to convert to mp3......

#7 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 03:50 PM

wma is also encrypted I belive, most likly in order to facilitate microsofties plan of global takeover.. and most people just use media player to rip tracks not understanding how stupid that is, becuase its easyer for them and there poor little click and point minds.. its ignorance, not stupidity however... or at least I have to hope that, if only to ward off the idea that people reall are that stupid.

#8 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 03:53 PM

im not stupid *drool.........drool...........make retard noise* :lol:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!